Tennis Forum banner

Mona´s Summer 2013 | Bad Gastein & US Open Series (final stop: US Open NY!!!)

17K views 242 replies 33 participants last post by  Haseo. 
#1 · (Edited)
WTA Bad Gastein (International)

(1)Mona Barthel (GER) v Chiara Scholl (USA)
Q v (WC)Lisa-Maria Moser (AUT)
Eleni Daniilidou (GRE) v Andrea Hlavackova (CZE)
Q v (5)Kiki Bertens (NED)

Good draw for Mona here, being 1st seed is nice as well and QF has to be her goal here at least.
Scholl is in awful shape and Moser or Q has to be beatable as well, SF seems more than possible also but unfortunately u never know with Mona but as I said, QF it has to be at least IMO

#65 ·
Re: Mona´s Summer 2013 | Bad Gastein & US Open Series (1st stop Washington)!

Mona def. Vögele 6/2 6/2

Really good start here from Mona, last time she won a match in 2 sets against a decent opponent was in IW so that´s a promising result for sure! :lol:
Serve was working today, which is most important, high 1st serve percentage once again but this time effective serve also, problems only as usual over 2nd serve.
Hardcourt is her best surface and I hope she can get some more wins during the US Open series, last year she played some good tennis in the USA also but lost many tough matches, hope she can do a bit more damage this year.

Next up Petkovic, beatable for sure but only if Mona has a really good day...good luck :lol:

#71 ·

I don't expect her to beat Petko but if she plays like today, she will win probably. Big "if" though.

#78 ·

Lost 6-2 6-2.

I don't expect her to beat Petko but if she plays like today, she will win probably. Big "if" though.
I was right but tbh I thought the match would be much closer than that.

#75 ·

Nice surprise and an easy win for Mona. You really never know with her these days.
Hard court obviously is the surface where she feels most comfortable with.
Looking forward to the match with Andrea, and without doubt Mona can beat her when her game is on.;)

#76 ·

Good solid win :yeah: Should beat Andrea, if focused.

#77 ·

The scoreline is definitly surprising.

She'll play the first match on CC today against Petko, it is the first meeting between them, should be an interesting match (although I'm expecting a shitfest..:sad:)

#83 ·

really disappointing result for Mona!
No shame losing to Andrea, she is a good player but don´t think that this was a good performance from Mona.
Serve wasn´t effective at all (once again) and her return was even worse, not being able to break Andrea is really a bad sign for everyone as Petkovic´s serve is her weakest part of the game.
Expected a bit more after her solid win against Vögele, we´ll see what she can do next week....

#89 ·

Nearly without any points on Andrea`s serve is indeed strange and very sobering.
For how long will this phase of extreme inconsistency last ? Right now there is no light at the end of the tunnel.:sad:
:hug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.