Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

305K views 5K replies 156 participants last post by  James 
#1 ·
Time for a new volume!

#411 ·

And apparetly Agatha from womens side. The trashy dyejob eventually working...

They live for hate though.

They need something to focus it on and Maria is that something.

It's obvious why. No matter what Serena achieves, the world will always praise and give Maria more
:shrug:

Unfortunately that's the way it is.
I know that you were referring to those, but I still don't fully agree: in the media, sure you have a handful of tennis commentators who are endlessly fawning over Maria in a way that is somewhat embarrassing (most of them former players, actually); but no one in the media says that Maria is better than Serena or whatever. Everyone recognizes that Maria is not in Serena's league (nobody is!).

For endorsements, okay, it is technically true, but it only tells us that Maria's business people are savvier than Serena's... and there's also the point that some of Serena's controversial behaviors and statements are probably hurting her marketability.

Anyway, the rabid hatred towards Maria that a fraction of Serena's fans are spewing in tennisforum is sickening.
Its always jealousy. Always.
In 20 years Maria will be head of a multi-billionare company while Serena co-hosts morning shows with Whoopie Goldberg's ghost.

#410 ·
I mean the media and endorsement worlds.
I know that you were referring to those, but I still don't fully agree: in the media, sure you have a handful of tennis commentators who are endlessly fawning over Maria in a way that is somewhat embarrassing (most of them former players, actually); but no one in the media says that Maria is better than Serena or whatever. Everyone recognizes that Maria is not in Serena's league (nobody is!).

For endorsements, okay, it is technically true, but it only tells us that Maria's business people are savvier than Serena's... and there's also the point that some of Serena's controversial behaviors and statements are probably hurting her marketability.

Anyway, the rabid hatred towards Maria that a fraction of Serena's fans are spewing in tennisforum is sickening.

#429 ·
To fill my middle Sunday I just found out I have Wimbledon's official movies from 2008 to 2012 available on Sky on demand. I'm downloading 2008-9-10. :sobbing:

#431 ·
Oh no :sobbing:

Really sucks for those youtubers, WTF is their problem. Didn't Jamie have to delete like 30 videos including some vintage matches.
Absolute joke, people enjoy watching them. And players themselves have commented on the fact that fan made h/ls actually help them study the game/their next opponent
I know right. It doesn't make any sense to me. As if their 2 minute highlight videos where they show 1 shot per set are useful at all :lol:

#430 ·
Really sucks for those youtubers, WTF is their problem. Didn't Jamie have to delete like 30 videos including some vintage matches.
Absolute joke, people enjoy watching them. And players themselves have commented on the fact that fan made h/ls actually help them study the game/their next opponent

#433 ·
I know right. It doesn't make any sense to me. As if their 2 minute highlight videos where they show 1 shot per set are useful at all :lol:
Exactly.
Someone is making quality youtube content, for free, they shut them down but not replacing them with any official content. There is nothing but the void. Its mindfuckingly stupid.

How do they want to serve the fans? sometimes its disgusting how this whole sport treating its fans, many times not even seeing them as cashcow just ignoring them completely.

(not that i like every fan made highlights, its not always helpful just showing every winner and nothing else.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.