Not open for further replies.

Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

328K views 6K replies 110 participants last post by  Zamboni 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the Simona Halep cheering thread :wavey:

#944 ·

i think jankovic is a very good opponent in this round

sloane will meet vika !

i don't know what is the performance of crista now but i think it's a good draw to the quarter final !

even in the qf she will not face serena ,, sharapova is more easier

so the draw is like i wished with 2 easy matches in the beginning to gain form !

please simona we need concentrating and fighting .. it's up to you

#945 ·
Yep, one match at a time but it does look like quite a kind draw for Simona for the first 3 rounds. Ideal for working her way back into form! :D Not even worried about JJ. We know Simona can beat her.

Shame that Simona and Sorana can't both go further.

Edit - Jumping ahead a bit, possible SF against Sloane Stephens. :oh:

#946 ·
Let's hope she got her game together for the slam. :) Good luck!

#947 ·
Good draw!! Let's just hope that, she will be in better shape than Sydney, if not any opponent will be hard for her.
GOOD LUCK!!!

#951 ·
Nice draw for Simona. I'm more afraid about Qualifer opponent (really good players there like Watson,Bencic,Duval) than 2nd and 3rd rounds . Lepchenko and Tsurenko are out of form and Sorana and Bojana are BBB... I think is better for her to play with Bojana beacuse she lead her 5-0 H2h pro + juniors beacuse with Sorana she will be nervous beacuse she respects her too much (i think) . With JJ she always played tight matches and Maria is the easiest from top4 for me in this moment .

#963 ·
I'm more afraid about Qualifer opponent (really good players there like Watson,Bencic,Duval) than 2nd and 3rd rounds.
I have a single thing to mention! That qualifier that she`s playing the first round may not be the best thing to Simona ! Simona is coming from a lost and just one match, and she will meet a player whom has at least 3-4 matches played and is coming after some wins... I would preferred a player not coming from Q
I agree. A qualifier could be very tricky given what we saw in Sydney :unsure:
Anyway, good luck to Simona, hopefully she finds her form again!

#952 ·
the good thing that the first 2 matches will help her even if she can't be in her form

i mean simona was very bad in sydney but i think if she played against a player without the big serve and shots of keys she would have won although the disastrous performance !

so it's very important to have a good draw to take it step by step

#955 ·
a good draw for her. Assuming she can get through the first round, it's Tsurenko in r2, Erakovic in r3, JJ in r4, Sharapova in the QFs? I just lay that out not to predict unduly, but to see a trajectory. Agreed: it's the first round that's most difficult, until she gets to JJ. JJ hits the ball very hard when it's hit very hard to her, and otherwise she plays much as Halep does, with canniness and athleticism. Halep does not slug it out so it could, if it happened, be interesting.

#958 ·
This really is a dream draw for Simona.

If we discount her loss to Madison as a blip, and she plays with last year's form and confidence, I can see her meeting Sharapova in the QF...

#960 ·
Good draw :)
Let's just take it one match at a time though ;)

#962 ·
I have a single thing to mention! That qualifier that she`s playing the first round may not be the best thing to Simona ! Simona is coming from a lost and just one match, and she will meet a player whom has at least 3-4 matches played and is coming after some wins... I would preferred a player not coming from Q

#964 ·
Cakewalk draw.

Agree with what have been said about meeting a qualifier in R1, but there are really only 2 or 3 names that might be tricky for her if she brings her standard game. If she plays like she did against Keys, of course, every player in the draw could be a big hurdle to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.