Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie in Overseas Challengers

277K views 6K replies 86 participants last post by  Meelis 
#1 ·
THought this was a good a idea to post results in one place for Aussie women in overseas challengers and futures since most WTA event participatns have there own player forum

:wavey: :wavey:

#2,306 ·
I saw Izzy at the ITF in Darwin last year and I thought she looked serious and professional and I didn't take her loss to Omae lightly.

If anything, I think it's the opposite with her. She trying too hard and the lack of success is affecting her badly. She's certainly no Wejnert-type washout. Remember, Izzy was injured and out for over six months and made a very determined comeback.

I think you're off the mark suggesting she doesn't care. But who knows the real story?

#2,309 ·
I saw Izzy at the ITF in Darwin last year and I thought she looked serious and professional and I didn't take her loss to Omae lightly.

If anything, I think it's the opposite with her. She trying too hard and the lack of success is affecting her badly. She's certainly no Wejnert-type washout. Remember, Izzy was injured and out for over six months and made a very determined comeback.

I think you're off the mark suggesting she doesn't care. But who knows the real story?
Agree. She made a pretty committed effort at the end of the year playing the 25k's and despite some non-spectacular but consistent results I thought she was making some in-roads.

The reality is with her game - the forehand is good, but movement, serve and the backhand aren't that strong which is probably two too many areas to have deficiencies. She also really struggles with any point set-up. Coupled with an obvious lack of confidence would make these areas even worse. Maybe we overrated her:confused:

#2,307 ·
It's gotta be one or the other... If she is just traveling the world for shits and giggles then surely she won't bother touring Australia at the end of the year, so we'll find out soon if she does enter cairns, Alice springs etc. I'm with Territory though, I've always felt a more mature and professional vibe with her for whatever reason. I know when I'm playing shit I try hard to not play shit and then I play shitter... But it turns around eventually. We can only hope that happens with Bella at some stage!!

#2,312 ·
Monika has retired. Someone on here said she confirmed it on twitter or something.

Jade has most likely given up tennis to go study. She always wanted to go to uni, so I'm sure that's where her priorities are.

As for Tammi, well she has never recovered or regained confidence after her injury last year so I'd say she's a part timer now that's probably close to retiring, if not already retired. We'll see if she pops up in the entry lists for the 25K's this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.