June 10 1985

Height
5'11'' (1.81 m)

Weight
163 lbs (74 kg.)

See less See more
#828 ·
as per her FB page
Kaia might withdraw from ROLAND-GARROS cause has respiratory problems but no fewer. If the game was held yesterday she would of quit. So lets hope for the best.

#830 ·
#832 ·
Kaia won over Sofia 7-5 6-1

Now b*tch get to bed and take care of that cold!!!

#834 ·
Good. Kaia can stand by the net and Sofia will do all the work tomorrow :)

#835 ·
Comment on the match:

Quite pleased to see how Kaia played. I expected Arvidsson to dominate, and so she did in the early stages of the match. Kaia was overpowered by the flat powerful groundstrokes of the Swede. Kaia gradually found back her serve which was lacking of regularity in the first games. You can tell from Kaia's body language that she is not in a phase of confidence, and her game is depending so much on her self confidence that when her shots are in, they are beautiful. I left the match at the end of the first set, and she was clearly the best player out there at that point, and I've just seen she won 6-1 in the second set; she'll play Watson on Round 2, that's a good draw. I'll see her in doubles tomorrow too.

#840 ·
ETV or ETV2 will also show it on TV. The commentating could be.. interesting:unsure::scared:
Good luck Kaia!

Hope she's feeling better.

as for the commenting:eek: There is no competant tennis commentator in Estonia. It is a joke during the matches what they say. Eurosport all the way, when it comes to tennis.

#843 ·
This went well today.

def. Watson 61 63

2nd set could have been better. But a win's a win. Next: Makarova, who will be tougher I think.

Tomorrow she'll have both doubles matches, and mixed doubles should be streamed. This will be a fun match:D

And as I understood ETV will show her singles RG matches as long as she's in the tournament. So ETV can still be blamed:p:lol:

#844 ·
Nice win Kaia.

Good for her to get another win.

Makarova should be beatable for Kaia. Then again she has a bad history with Russians :lol:

#845 ·
Cool article on BBC from Kaia's match against Watson

Heather Watson's impressive run at the French Open was ended by 16th seed Kaia Kanepi, who outclassed her 6-1 6-3 in a one-sided second-round match.

The British number three, who came through qualifying at Roland Garros, struggled to cope with the big-hitting Estonian, who triumphed in 71 minutes.

Watson, 19, tried to go toe-to-toe with her powerful opponent but did not have the consistency from the baseline.

Kanepi plays Sweden's Johanna Larsson or Russia's Ekaterina Makarova next.

Watson's defeat followed that of Elena Baltacha earlier on Thursday, ending hopes of seeing a first British woman reach the third round in Paris since Jo Durie in 1992.

The Guernsey-born teenager was in uncharted territory, having never progressed beyond the first round at a Grand Slam, and the gulf in class between her and Kanepi, a quarter-finalist at the French Open in 2008 and Wimbledon in 2010, was apparent from the outset.

Kanepi broke her serve at the first attempt and, although Watson did hold next time round, that was the only game she picked up in a first set that lasted 30 minutes and in which she was broken three times.

Watson's inital approach was to try to match 25-year-old Kanepi from the baseline but, despite hitting some impressive individual shots, she made too many errors to enjoy anything but sporadic success.

Only at the start of the second set did Watson begin to string some points together, and she brought some errors out of Kanepi when she began mixing up the spin and length of her shots.

Kanepi remained in control, however, and broke to go 4-2 ahead, while Watson's only real opportunity came and went in the next game when she wasted her only two break points of the match by hitting the first long and then managing only a weak return on the second.

Watson did not go down without a fight, forcing Kanepi to serve out for the match, but Estonian despatched a backhand winner down the line to complete her victory.

The match was a huge learning curve for Watson, but she can still leave Paris satisfied with her achievements, having ensured she will rise into the world's top 100 through her run in the past week.

"I came out very flat today and was making a lot of errors but Kanepi played very well, she's a big hitter, hits lots of winners, and I can't come onto the court not on form," said Watson.

"When I have a little opportunity I have to take it and just get fitter and stronger, but I feel like I've had a good couple of weeks and I'm very confident, and now on to the grass.

Asked whether she felt she could compete with the likes of Kanepi in the future, she added: "Definitely.

"If I would have come on more consistent today and won those points when I needed to, I feel like I could have really competed hard with her and been up with her, which is good because I need to know that in my head - to believe I'm going to make it - otherwise there's no chance for me."

#848 ·
Two doubles matches, two losses.

Good luck against Makarova!!
Well those were expected :p

Singles win needs to be taken tomorrow though.

#849 ·
Kaia into FO R3! :bounce:

Now beat Makarova, Kaia! ;)

#850 · (Edited)
Kaia lost 64 75

What a joke. She had some amazing shots and games in the match but she looked as she didn't want to win this match again.

What the hell's going on with her???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.