Caroline's Live Scoring Thread v 10

120K views 5K replies 53 participants last post by  Chrissie-fan 
#1 ·
Caroline at the 2012 London Olympics and Beyond

Go Caro!!!

Old Thread Here

See less See more
#4,446 ·
I didn't see anything inevitable about this loss at all. I knew she would have a tough time of it in the first set because she just couldn't get her serve giong. She's very reliant on it now. When she did get it going, the matched changed. The third set could really have gone either way, and that "fan" who screamed out just as Caro was hitting the volley should have been dragged out of the stadium and pilloried. Maybe she was. The third set was a cliffhanger, and if that backhand down the line stays in, she could have won it. Lots of very positive things to take from the match. Good on Caro. I loved the way she got her forehand going, including some nice sitting forehands. I think the loss boosts her confidence. If she cuts down on a couple of those short crappy rally shots she still hits on her forehand, we'll really see a difference.

And the loss to Kerber in Cph was nothing. She played on a sprained ankle for half the third set. That was phhttt match.

#4,449 ·
Why is Caro serve reliant these days?

Caro had chances to win both sets against Kerber in Copenhagen this year.

#4,454 ·
Caro played about as well as she could. Glad to see she put up a fight in the end. She should just play Sofia, great chance for that title, and then call it a season. No point in fighting for an alt spot(IMO), you are just hoping someone gets injured/pulls out. To be honest i could care less about Turkish Airlines. lol

#4,455 ·
Caro played about as well as she could. Glad to see she put up a fight in the end. She should just play Sofia, great chance for that title, and then call it a season. No point in fighting for an alt spot(IMO), you are just hoping someone gets injured/pulls out. To be honest i could care less about Turkish Airlines. lol
Well, you don't have a contract with them. She does.:lol:

#4,458 ·
Caro should win in straight sets, dropping 8 games.

#4,461 ·
The match before Caro's is going to the decider, so probably another hour before our girl is on.

#4,468 ·
Black shoes

#4,476 ·
Is it just me or does Caro seem to start off a lot of her matches lately rarely getting her 1st serves in? :(

#4,479 ·
4 FH UEs and broken, 2-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.