Tennis Forum banner

Beginning of the 2013

12K views 185 replies 28 participants last post by  Caipirinha Guy 
#1 · (Edited)
1st week - Auckland (Aga), Brisbane (Ula) [Aga 1st seed, Ula in MD]
2nd week - Sydney (Aga and Ula) [Aga 1st seed with bye in R1, Ula last in MD]
3rd week - Australian Open (Aga and Ula)
4th week - Australian Open (Aga and probably Ula)
5th week - free (Aga), Paris (Ula in MD)
6th week - probably Fed Cup (Aga and Ula)

;)

#88 ·
wow Amazing win, Aga ! :banana: :bounce:

And finally her first win against Li on hard court :hehehe:

#95 ·
Good draw for Aga! Goerges is the only one who could be tricky until quarters, but she's not playing well lately. Then if Li survives to quarters, she's going to be tired. Stosur sounds dangerous, but she can easily (and hopefully) be ousted by someone early in the draw.

Edit: just noticed that Goerges is in quarterfinals too, so I suppose Aga will valtz to quarters with ease.

#96 ·
Barthel and Li Na are the biggest threats. Mona is a great player when on. Aga had a close call with her back in Montreal last year taking it to a third set tie breaker. The win over Li Na this week should give her a great boost of confidence if she faces her in the QF. Best of luck Aga.

Very unfair draw for Ula. She always seems to get placed at the top of draws even when seeded.

#99 ·
I like this draw. Overall it's quite balanced. I prefer a SF against Maria rather than Vika. Barthel and Pervak could be tricky but I think Aga will be very determined to get at least to the QF. JJ and Ana are beatable.
I just hope she will be fresh for the QF against Na.

As for Ula, sadly I can see a 1st round exit for her. Hope she proves me wrong.

#101 ·
I like this draw.
I hate it. She drew pretty much the most difficult opponent from every drawing bracket. Heck, even Begu in R2 is not a convenient opponent.

On the upside, Aga has beaten a wide variety of opponents already and at the same time hasn't been pushed to the limit by any of them, so she should be relatively fresh, confident and match sharp.

#107 ·
6-0 6-0 in Premier final :speakles:

Aga is so consistent. Congrats for WTA title #12 ! :hearts: :bowdown:

#108 ·
Radwanski said Aga is going to play doubles with Kerber... Don't think it's a good move after two tournaments in these conditions...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.