Votes: 24 16.2%
  • Top 400

Votes: 12 8.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 4 2.7%

Olivia Rogowska

343K views 4K replies 144 participants last post by  Tess 
#1 ·
Olivia Rogowska is another 16 year old sensation from Melbourne. The young Victorian has played a minimal amount of matches on the ITF Junior Circuit, instead preferring to improve and build on her results on the ITF Women's Circuit. She was a member of the victorious 2007 Junior Fed Cup team, and has performed consistently well on the Australian Money Tournament Circuit, consistently reaching quarter and semi finals throughout the season. She will compete on the upcoming Tennis Pro Circuit, in pursuit of a higher ranking. The biggest win of her career to date was over Cassandra Barr en route to the second round of a challenger in Victoria last year.

Current WTA Singles Ranking: 986 (Mon Oct 1, 2007)
Career High WTA Singles Ranking: 986 (Mon Oct 1, 2007)

#2,829 ·
If it's injury, fair enough. But if she just can't be ******, and has called time for the year then is very disappointing. Her choice to try and vulture all the $25Ks backfired, so she should be out there fighting tooth and nail to score an MD entry on her own merit, rather then rely on ANOTHER handout.

If her plan was to just play the $25K events and hope to get enough points from those alone, then she deserves to miss out.

Our girls are never going to get anywhere if they refuse to move on from these weak Oz challengers :facepalm: Get out there and have a go, ffs.

#2,830 ·
If it's injury, fair enough. But if she just can't be ******, and has called time for the year then is very disappointing. Her choice to try and vulture all the $25Ks backfired, so she should be out there fighting tooth and nail to score an MD entry on her own merit, rather then rely on ANOTHER handout.

If her plan was to just play the $25K events and hope to get enough points from those alone, then she deserves to miss out.

Our girls are never going to get anywhere if they refuse to move on from these weak Oz challengers :facepalm: Get out there and have a go, ffs.
That's why Tennis Australia is downgrading many of our 25Ks to 10K level. It means they can place more tournaments, giving the younger girls a go while paying less money :) Sydney is a 10K next year, which sucks for me, but it is a good idea :) It's really sad that the girls just rely on WCs. I mean, I understand why, but it really is bad :( It stops another girl from getting in :(

#2,837 ·
She's played around 30 tournaments this year. That's a lot. Plus she's had her best year ever. I think she can miss a couple of tournaments quite legitimately.

Besides, she'd probably have more chance of earning a WC by winning the playoff than trying to get more WTA points. Give the girl a break. It's not a dumb move at all. And really... if Liv got in direct, who's the amazingly deserving player that would get her wildcard instead??

#2,839 ·
Yeah I totally agree, I'm not upset/angry about the decision at all I was just saying that's probably why she pulled out. She's better off having a bit of a rest and recovering before the wildcard playoff. Like you say it's not like she's "robbing" anyone of a WC, apart from Barty nobody else really even deserves one based on form, so a smart move for sure. I just hope she comes out determined and firing in 2013, this is when she needs to make her move.

#2,849 ·
Did not seem 100% during last few 25K Oz Pro Tours. The grind for "cheap" points at that level must have been tiring. Pity... needs a better strategy in 2013, apparently AIS funded so should not be a problem to travel overseas for 50Ks+ and grow. Our best hope so far (with Barty) in the next gen.

#2,852 ·
Im in two minds as her final schedule shits me the fact she will now need a wildcard, would love to see her qualify...

but

she is one of our better performers, a legitimate chance at winning a match or two at the open and I would like to see her confirmed for a wildcard before they playoffs so that she doesn't have to play them and can relax/recover/train over that period...

#2,856 ·
I think this is more of a solid hit out for her, she has to be given the wildcard into the Aussie and a few lead ups she might qualify off her own rank now. So be a great tournament for her if she went in just wanting to grind and work hard. Bonus would be to win, but she will be just after some tuff matches from the showdown.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.