Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ana Konjuh

488K views 5K replies 103 participants last post by  Meelis 
#1 ·
Born 27.12.1997
Ok guys I followed this girls developement for quite a few months now.
Last month she won the European Junior Championships, Pilzen for girls under 14.

Other success she had this year:
Winner of G16 Junior Croatia Open, Cakovec
Winner of G14 Mladost Grill Open, Zagreb
Winner of G16 Kvarner Open, Rijeka
Also reaching a G16 final in AvignonFR and a couple of SFs.

This year she has a win-loss record of 48-7 currently. With those 4 titles.
She seems to be highly talented, there´s a lot of potential, hope she´s not going to fade away and go her way.

http://www.nacional.hr/clanak/113738/ana-konjuh-vodeca-u-europi
http://www.nacional.hr/clanak/113113/ana-konjuh-europska-prvakinja

People might say it´s too early for a thread but after twinning the European Championchips I though she would deserve a own thread.

See less See more
#994 ·
Fed cup:D (thanks for the link, ivananda)

Also, those WC's she earned could definately help her with the rankings immensely, especially if she takes her time with 50k's and utilizes them towards the end of 2013. Just one MD win on a 25k would currently give her a push of about 120 spots.

#997 · (Edited)
Sweet Jesus, how's that for high expectations :lol: I'd honestly be really happy with one major, and even if she wouldn't make it I'd still be perfectly OK with her junior career. Sure, a title would be nice, but all four junior slams in one year has never been done before to my knowledge, and that is including such players as Hingis, Wozniacki, A. Radwanska, Sabatini, Azarenka, Capriati, Jankovic, Mauresmo, Henin, Austin, Bartoli, Davenport... There's been (according to some sources) about a dozen girls who've won 2 in one year and only Zvereva and Mag. Maleeva have won 3, but all four is yet to happen I think.

#1,001 ·
Dan Doe
Nobody can know how good such a young girl could become.

I study astrology and I can tell you something about that.
Ana has got in her natal chart exalted Mars (Mars is God of war). That means she is great fighter and also fearless. She can destroy all her enemies (in this case on sport field). That 's the reason why is she so strong phisically and also mentaly. Second thing is her debilitated Moon which means that she's 'got no mercy' for her enemy (again on sport field of course). Those two things make her a 100% killer.This is absolutely the best combination which one can have to be a 'killer'.
She will never choke. I am absolutely sure about that. That's the reason why she won all 7 final's last year.

#1,018 ·
OK, let me join in on this too...:lol:

Since her coach said she'll play all four junior slams + several GA junior events I wouldn't bet on many professional competitions next year, and that's perfectly fine at her age. My guess would be somewhere around 7 or 8 in total, three of those being the ones for which she was granted wild-cards. So without knowing more about her schedule I'd say top 500.

#1,036 ·
Thanks for the pics Zvonaraver :yeah: Those weren't posted before.
Ana seems really tired in the first few pics. She has no facial expression at all while hitting the ball and I think this means a lack of focus. Probably she didn't sleep well the night before :shrug:
Just look at her facial expressions in the rest of the pics.

#1,039 · (Edited)
Today Ana appeared on cover of Croatia's most popular and known sports daily newspapers "Sportske Novosti" with one whole page article about her titled:
"Ana Konjuh - I like to be the boss on the court" :D

It's explained that Ana's sister has some very rare autoimmune desease and she is the first case of it in Croatia, it affects 100 people from 1 milliard.

#1,040 ·
Today Ana appeared on cover of Croatia's most popular and known sports daily newspapers "Sportske Novosti" with one whole page article about her titled:
"Ana Konjuh - I like to be the boss on the court" :D

It's explained that Ana's sister has some very rare autoimmune desease and she is the first case of it in Croatia, it affects 100 people from 1 milliard.
Billion ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.