334K views 5K replies 160 participants last post by  rafal15ok 
#1 ·
MARTA DOMACHOWSKA (POL)

Residence Warsaw, Poland
Date of Birth January 16, 1986
Birthplace Warsaw, Poland
Height 5'9 1/4" (1.76 m)
Weight 132 1/2 lbs.(60 kg)
Plays Right-handed (two-handed backhand)
Status Pro (2001)

Marta plays in Linz Qualifying now,Go Marta! :worship:

See less See more
#3,715 ·
Strasbourg usually has a relatively weak qualifying field so she could do some damage if she has been working hard in Spain, as it appears. I really like the fact that she and her coach are trying to address the "mental" part i.e. choking. We all know she has some great physical talent.

#3,716 ·
Marta's next tournaments:

Strassbourgh Q
Maribor (25k ITF) MD - together with Linette and Kania
TUR or ITA 25k ITF (prio 1/2) Q/ALT - but since this week is packed with a 100k in Marseille and 75k on grass on the way to Wimbledon, she might be even seeded in TUR in MD and play as well in the MD of the ITA ITF. We will see after the withdraw-deadline.

This post has been deleted
This post has been deleted
#3,723 ·
Panova, Barrois and Parra Santonja are all former top 100 players :shrug: There's no doubt she has the talent to beat them but she won't succeed just due to her "permanent aim to go back to the top 100"... Ivanovic's permament goal is to take back her No.1 spot, you know :lol:
She hasn't played for several weeks, and her results so far this year hasn't been very fantastic. Of course I wish her all the best, but losing to these players wouldn't be that surprising. She will surely need some patience to develop her confidence and find back her very best level anyway, the kind of things you can't do in just 3-4 weeks ;)

#3,722 · (Edited)
I admire your faith in her. :eek:

After Katowice I felt so bad for her, she looked so lost. That match made me think that phrases like: "she should win it", "she should go easily", "should win 3 matches" do not apply to Marta. :shrug:

#3,727 ·
Up to the pt. she was down a break 3-4* I agree the stats didn't look good. But from there to the end of the match her only hiccup was when she was broken back after she led 2-0 in the second. She pretty much dominatd from 3-4* in the first. I think she can ush Parra. Parra is now ranked under 200 so she is also not at her best.

#3,735 ·
Did you see that match at least? She made some wonderful shots and great rallies (especially during the second set), some things a player ranked #286 wouldn't be able to produce so many times. It just shows she hasn't lost what used to be her strenghts.

In 2011 she was also playing quite good and went back to the top 150 (or nearly) after some years of disappointment, reaching the final of a 75k and winning a couple of other ITF's... I'm not even a big fan of her but still, you can't deny she has the game to be top 100 again. And if she has been top 40 already, of course she has the potential to make a return at least among the 100 best players :shrug:

#3,736 ·
She obviously still has top 100 potential - the match in Katowice was a proof.

What is more important - in her career she got three WTA finals and it was when women's tennis was a bit stronger than now, it was harder to go to top 50 or even 100. Players without top 100 potential would not achieve this in her life. Also 4th round at AO in 2008 was not an accident.

She just needs some wins, that's all.

#3,738 ·
damn, if only should could play more often like she just did in 1st set against Parra

hope she can keep it now in 2nd set, then there is no reason to worry about the final score.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.