Tennis Forum banner

Roland Garros 2013 : La reine Maria de retour dans son jardin

87K views 1K replies 106 participants last post by  Shafanovic. 
#1 ·

A winning-streak of 25 matchs on red clay.

Juju Heng anointing Queen Masha as her worthy heir : "I am really impressed, she has improved so much, she can defend and attack pretty well on clay, this is nice to see." vs Sara Errani - 2012 RG finals.

PoweredbyGrigor

She can meet Serena only in the finals ; either Serena loses before OR Maria challenges her inner 2004 self : fearless Moo. :worship:

And last but not the least.... From a cow on ice, she became a Queen gracefully sliding on her holy grounds and everyone can just bow down.

In Moo we trust !

See less See more
#1,245 ·
Yeah last time I heard her mention it was I think 2010, she had a nice pre-tourny interview in The Telegraph or The Guardian or Independant, one of those sort :lol:. I'm sure her "not all butterflies and rainbows" quote comes from the same one. She's a creature of habit so I doubt she changed the formula in the past couple of years.

#1,248 ·
It is so ridiculous :rolleyes: hence why I don't post in GM. We have enough troubles as it is here. :oh:

Anyway, was gonna ask. She's obviously not going to do it this year. But what do you think about her playing doubles? Like its been discussed before, would you like to see her play doubles? And if so, would you rather her do it just during grandslams? And if so, women's or mixed? Or just at random tour events?

And who would you like to see her play with?

#1,253 ·
Two things. 1, I think it's really pathetic that every time Maria says something a little controversial about Serena, the people in GM go crazy. That match thread is nearing 100 pages. Absolutely ridculous. I personally didn't think she meant anything horrible in her statement, but maybe she could've used better wording. Nevertheless, it wasn't rasict like some people seem to think. :rolleyes:

2, I'm like to see her play doubles and try to get a little better at net, but I'm not sure Maria likes playing doubles. Don't know why, could be because she doesn't want to get to close to any of her competition (make friends). Or maybe she doesn't want a really packed schedule at slams.

#1,250 ·
Personally, I'd love to see Maria play doubles. NOT at grandslams so in those she can focus on her singles. But at random smaller tour events. So like USO series. Or whatever she plays between AO and IW. It can improve her confidence at the net. Her reflexes etc so I think it'd be beneficial for her.

I'd love to see her play with Vesnina again. :)
Or Wickmayer. Remember when they were about to play together and couldn't get a WC :sobbing:

#1,251 ·
TBH I dont really care for doubles so I dont really want her to play. I dont think her body could handle it anyway. But It wouldnt bother me if she did. There is no one I really like enough to make a suggestion as to a partner. This is going to sound awful but I think it would be so weird to see her play doubles...almost like its beneath her (I know its not) but it would be weird.

#1,252 ·
Well some of those GM posts are funny in that they reach so far to prove their point.

About doubles, honestly, it's hard for me to see how much incremental benefit her singles game would get from training for and playing doubles vs. training for singles and strengthening her net game to be passable if not great.

Also, if she were to play doubles, she would do it seriously and not just for shits and giggles so she would likely want someone who takes doubles seriously rather than one-offs like partnering with Petra or Woz for the star-power-like teams. I see the latter as a waste of time and something she can do in exhibitions. In the former, if she were to play with a player who takes doubles seriously, like GS winner :) Lena V (my pick for her doubles partner) or Petrova (just for the LOLs), I would actually feel bad for her partner because it would be better for her partner to have someone who takes doubles seriously, is good at it, and can work together to win the doubles title. Martha would be dead weight there. So no doubles for me.

#1,255 ·
#1,266 ·
'Cus she's my biggest idol ever. And all the hours I've spent watching her, and the lengths I've went to to revolve my schedule around her tournament schedule, stanning for her has been a very significant part of my life. Plus I doubt she's gonna fuck me over like a partner, so it's a much safer option for a tattoo. :shrug: :lol:

#1,264 ·
Some tattoo the name of their kids, some tattoo the name of their gf/bf, some tattoo the name of their fave tennis player :shrug: :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.