Tennis Forum banner

STUTTGART 2013: Claypova slays and wins 2nd Porsche!

78K views 1K replies 100 participants last post by  Asanty 
#1 ·
Stuttgart 2012 was one of Maria's most memorable tournaments ever :hearts:

She beat 3 Top 5 players in a row on road to the first of her 3 big titles on clay last year.

Stuttgart was a great start and a boost to her amazing 2012 clay season campaign.

R2 def. Cornet 6-3 1-0, ret.
QF def. Stosur 6-7 7-6 7-5 :worship:
SF def. Kvitova 6-4 7-6 :drool:
F def. Azarenka 6-1 6-4 :drool:

See less See more
4 2
#678 ·
Re: STUTTGART 2013: Aint no backseat in my Porsche!

About what time will she play US eastern time? I have a final ending at 12:30
She won't be playing before 8:30AM Eastern time, but I'm guessing she'll be on court closer to 9:30-10 depending on how long Angie/Shvedova take. Skipping work so I'll be able to watch this, just like I did last year :lol:

Please, let this one be easier, not just for your body, but for my mind :sobbing:. I don't want you to be hobbling by the Semis and have absolutely nothing left against Li Na :help:

#676 ·

Where has the OOP been released?

I can't see it on their website.
Also, at what time will the first match and Maria's match be played?

#689 ·

Thank God Maria won this match ! :bounce:

Very rusty. The long break, her first clay match. Amazing fighter :hearts:

#691 ·

Lisicki suddenly rejuvenated playing on her home turf, beating Jankovic in 2 tough sets. After the way she played in Miami and Charleston, I thougth Jelena had a great chance at a deep run here.

Imagine if Maria met Sabine in this setting.

#694 ·

Lisicki suddenly rejuvenated playing on her home turf, beating Jankovic in 2 tough sets. After the way she played in Miami and Charleston, I thougth Jelena had a great chance at a deep run here.

Imagine if Maria met Sabine in this setting.
I will not :lol: :scared:

#697 ·

Really happy for Bethanie! That girl has been around for 14 years now, so she deserves some good wins, damn it! Not sure how this year's QF lineup compares to last year's, but I like this a lot. Wouldn't be surprised of Shvedova comes through against Angie, which could provide a really interesting matchup for Maria. But anyway, Maria/Ana and Petra/Li are definitely must-see matches. Excited! :cheer:

#701 ·

Really happy for Bethanie! That girl has been around for 14 years now, so she deserves some good wins, damn it! Not sure how this year's QF lineup compares to last year's, but I like this a lot. Wouldn't be surprised of Shvedova comes through against Angie, which could provide a really interesting matchup for Maria. But anyway, Maria/Ana and Petra/Li are definitely must-see matches. Excited! :cheer:
I actually expect Li to smack Petra around pretty routinely tomorrow. When she's been healthy, I've been really impressed with her form this year. And at age 31 no less.

If she didn't suffer that fluke injury in the final, there's no doubt to me that she'd be the Australian Open champion right now.

#698 ·

I can't with Sabine :rolls: she's a good girl but so emotional, this pic doesn't cease to amuse me.

#700 ·

Almost :haha: she went down like she won a slam really, have to admit she won the match with an absolutely CRAZY point though. :lol:

#705 ·

A lot of my Twitter feed was about beautiful slides, shiteous tennis. :lol:

Yeah that's what I meant to say, Jamie/aussiesharapova and whoever else is intending to make HLs, could you please put in the best slidepova moments even if the points were pretty shit? Pretty please?

I really wanna see and don't think I could be bothered sitting through 3 hours if the match was pretty shit.

#706 ·

A lot of my Twitter feed was about beautiful slides, shiteous tennis. :lol:

Yeah that's what I meant to say, Jamie/aussiesharapova and whoever else is intending to make HLs, could you please put in the best slidepova moments even if the points were pretty shit? Pretty please?

I really wanna see and don't think I could be bothered sitting through 3 hours if the match was pretty shit.
There were several great slide backhand crosscourts that she hit for winners. A couple on returns, too. And there was one epic slice forehand winner by Trollpova. I don't think the match was really THAT bad in terms of quality, but Maria did play well below her level and they both took forever between points so the match felt like a day and a half long. The game at 5-2 in the third had a lot of great points.

But yeah no wait for the highlights :lol:

#707 ·

Yeah I seen those couple of BH slide returns in the first, all I was fit to watch. GOATly. :drool:

And NID that Maria playing one poor match already has the 'here's the french favourite' remarks... she can't be expected to repeat last year's complete and utter dominance, so long as she bags RG I'm not too concerned about the rest bar Rome.

#710 ·

Yeah I seen those couple of BH slide returns in the first, all I was fit to watch. GOATly. :drool:

And NID that Maria playing one poor match already has the 'here's the french favourite' remarks... she can't be expected to repeat last year's complete and utter dominance, so long as she bags RG I'm not too concerned about the rest bar Rome.
Azarenka did it so why not Masha :oh:.

#708 ·

Yeah I'm with you. I just want her to have as many matches on clay as possible heading into Paris. Winning Stuttgart or Rome would be a bonus (I've totally given up on Madrid), but not a necessity. So long as she's match fit and ready for Paris I'm good.

#714 ·

The net loves Maria ! :inlove:

Nearly got a heart attack. What a match. Maria was so rusty. And Lucie played a great match, a very talented player. The positive thing about Maria was her fighting spirit. And all the netcords haha Never seen a player get so many netcords in her favour at important points. lol Netcords helped her to break at 4-4 in first set, also several in 2nd set and then the match point haha

#717 ·

Kerber already 3-0 up against Shvedova :eek:
I know :sobbing: I need this to take as long as possible so I can watch most of Maria's match. Please Shvedova :help:

#719 ·

Is anybody watching her how good is she? Maria will face her in the SF should she win her QF right?
Shvedova really stepped it up in the second set (for now), but I don't think Maria has much to worry about against either of them :shrug:. Neither of them are playing spectacularly

Edit: Then again, neither is Maria yet :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.