Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

346K views 5K replies 74 participants last post by  Zamboni 
#1 · (Edited)
Now that we can avoid cluttering the main tennis threads,you can all ponder the intellectual capacity of the genius who thought it was a 'bombshell' that Clijsters wanted to have more children: "REALLY?:crazy:I thought Kim HATED kids.Why didn't anyone tell me otherwise?:silly:..."

#4,641 · (Edited)
Here's something that I enjoy observing from time to time: When the tournament blogger loses her very first match and we find out if she van handle the disappointment maturely or goes into Bitch Mode and tells the fans to screw themselves in pissing away her blog.There's a fairly clear,implicit understanding that you 'sign off',so to speak,even after you've lost,regardless of which round it occurs in,and even some of the ,most temperamental divas have swallowed their pride and signed off politely following early exits.......NOW we find out what category Paszek falls into......would be interested in hearing input from any oddsmakers here:p

UPDATE:Well,Tamira avoided the classless exit by posting her 'seeya' blog...she has seemed like a rather pleasant outgoing person on other occasions,but apprearances can be deceiving,as Bitch Mode alumni such as Mattek-Sands and Falconi proved when they walked away in a snit after losing in tournaments....then there's ultra-phony blowhard,and BM alumni,Rennae Stubbs who yaks about all the people she knows yet always strives to turn the focus back on herself...anyone who's heard her blabbering match commentary wouldn't be surprised by that(lol)

#4,649 ·
That is some crazy shit, Bruce!

Wild dogs kill 4 in Mexico City park; police trap 25 animals

MEXICO CITY - Wild dogs mauled and killed four people whose bodies were found over the past two weeks in a park on the edge of Mexico City, authorities said Monday. In one case, a teenage girl frantically called her sister with her cellphone to plead for help as the attack took place.

Neighbours of the Cerro de la Estrella, a partly wooded, hilltop park surrounded by the city's poor and populous Iztapalapa district, first found the bodies of a 26-year-old woman and a 1-year-old child in the area on Dec. 29, authorities in Mexico's capital said.

The woman, Shunashi Mendoza, was missing her left arm, and prosecutors said that both she and the boy had bled to death and been partially eaten.

Then on Friday visitors to the same park found the bodies of a teenage couple who had also bled to death.

"Experts have established that due to the gravity of the wounds, at least 10 dogs were involved in each attack," Mexico City prosecutors said in a statement.

In the second attack, Alejandra Ruiz, 15, and her boyfriend Samuel Martinez, 16, had gone to the park Friday afternoon.

The girl called her sister Diana Ruiz at around 7 p.m. pleading for help.

"Several dogs are attacking us, help me!" the girl screamed. The call then stopped.

Ruiz told Milenio Television she thought her sister was joking and still doesn't believe her sister was killed by dogs despite the call.

"What kind of dog can tear the skin from your whole arm and leave just bone and if it was an attack dog why didn't it attack her neck?" Ruiz asked. "What's most shocking is that one of her breasts was mutilated."

She said she later visited the place of the attack and saw no pools of blood. "There needs to be a thorough investigation," she added.

Antemio Maya, president of the Street Dog Protection association in Mexico City, also doubts that dogs could have killed the people found in the park.

"It's not the behaviour of street dogs to kill humans," Maya said.

Maya said authorities should focus on sterilizing pets and educating people about pet ownership instead of spreading the idea of killer animals.

"The authorities trapped beagles, Maltese, poodles; can you imagine how long it would take for them to kill a person?" he asked.

"A lot of people get tired of their dogs and they simply throw them on the streets," he said. "This is going to create a terrible hate for street dogs and that's going to lead to even more abuse."

Mexico City Public Safety Secretary Jesus Rodriguez told Milenio Television that the bodies were not dumped in the area as some had suggested. He said the victims had bite wounds that were inflicted while they were alive and other after they had died.

He warned against visiting the park and said all the dogs in the area will be trapped and checked to see if they were involved.

At least 100 police officers were scouring the park in search of wild dogs. They had trapped 25 by Monday night, including 10 females, eight males and seven puppies. The dogs had been living in caves and crevices in the park, prosecutors said.

Experts are testing the dogs' hair for traces of human blood and will also test their stomach contents. Authorities did not say what they would do with the animals.

Local newspapers published photos of the dogs. Several looked like domestic pets, suggesting the dogs were abandoned animals or their offspring who had formed a pack or packs in the hilltop park.

Iztapalapa is a massive and poor district on the eastern outskirts of Mexico City, and stray dogs roam many of its streets. Hundreds of thousands of spectators gather each Holy week in the Cerro de la Estrella park to watch a reenactment of the mock crucifixion of Christ.

Mexico City's famed Chapultepec Park, in the city's centre, also has feral dogs living in wooded areas and there have been reports of minor attacks on human, but none fatal.

In that case, animal rights activists have urged authorities not to kill the dogs, instead spaying them and either leaving them in the park or finding them homes.

http://news.yahoo.com/wild-dogs-kill-4-mexico-city-park-police-060104925.html

#4,652 ·
Well,the suffering of strangers doesn't hit home as deeply as those of our friend,Chrissie-Fan,but I'll offer you my theory that they were wolves and not street dogs...possibly some wolf-dog half breeds who had escaped from their previous owner.Street dogs very rarely function well in packs cuz it's the old dog-eat-dog saying: The stronger ones will fight with each other until one can mark its territory.With wolves,pack hunting is much more instinctive...of course,wolves fight with each other for dominance,too,sometimes but they work much,MUCH better in groups than untrained street dogs ever would...plus they are cleverer and it would be harder for the police to catch them and pinpoint which ones did the killing

#4,656 ·
Some Danish tabloids attempted to hype up the Caro - Lisicki match before it started, trying to make it sound like the two girls despised each other, even bringing up the infamous (but in my mind irrelevant) bumpgate from 2009. It's a sad case of tabloids trying to sell papers by making a story out of nothing. Caro and Lisicki aren't friends but it certainly hasn't been my impression that they despise each other. "Indifferent" would be a better description for two players who haven't faced off for 3½ years, during which time Lisicki has been out with injuries for long periods.

#4,657 ·
It's not easy to watch live stream tennis!

#4,658 ·
^ Brilliant :lol:

A careful where you click website. If not careful, you'll be drowned by the 1,000 pop-ups torture.

I am using flash blocker on FF, which leaves the ads transparent .. and generally allows for a more pleasant browsing experience.

LShunter has a new app for viewing. It feels more stable, but as it's stand-alone, there is not escaping the regular ads, unless viewed in full screen mode.

#4,660 ·
Wonder what would happen if you could actually track the origin of unwanted pop-up ads...if there were some widely-dispersed news item where some guy bludgeoned the pop-up sender to death,leaving him in an unrecognizable bloody mess and then glibly declaring that the pop-ups motivated such a brutal murder.......merely wondering:p,cuz they're really no hassle for me:angel:

#4,661 ·
Funny, after being knocked out of the AO men's doubles, Frederik Nielsen decided to enter mixed doubles and has teamed up with... Sabine Lisicki!

#4,662 ·
Sometimes a normal guy can see another dude and figure out right away that women are attracted to him.For example,I didn't need any commentators to tell me that Rafa had made a big impression on the gals when he first came on the scene.Nielsen doesn't strike me as THAT type,but maybe I'm wrong;superficially,at least,he seems reasonably handsome.Is he considered a 'hot male tennis player' by Danish women?....I ask that b/c this might be a case where Sabine was letting Nielsen know that she was 'available' as more than just a temporary doubles partner.Given her pathetic lack of commitment and underachieving,it wouldn't surprise me if scoping out ATP guys were one of her top tennis priorities.

On the other hand,Sabine made a doubles final with Stosur at Wimbledon 2011,so maybe she feels that she can get a Slam trophy in mixed doubles without worrying about those 'little annoyances' like staying in peak physical condition or developing a stable mental approach to the sport.........or maybe it's a combination of both motives:lol:

#4,664 · (Edited)
From the Caro - Vekic match thread in GM:

Woz's fitness is unreal and that may get her through another round, but Tsurenko beat Pavlyuchenkova, so it certainly wouldn't surprise me if Tsurenko beat Caro. I'm a Woz fan, but this Vekic match has me worried.

I hope Caro can turn it on in the next round because IF she beats Tsurenko, she may very well get bageled by Vika. The disparity between the quality of their games is huge at this point.
I didn't think Woz was impressive at all. I don't know if she can last another round playing like that. Serena, Maria, Vika, Venus, or Bartoli would have beaten Vekic love and love.

Vekic is adorable and I love her game!
You love Vekic's game but you think Bartoli would have double bageled her! Am I the only one who thinks that's a bit odd?
I don't give a flying fuck what you think! Are you kidding me? :lol: Bartoli is the better, more experienced player than Vekic at this point. What kind of dipshit are you?
I'm obviously not on your level of deep thinking and emotional maturity so I think our intellectual exchange stops here.
The next generation of Caro fan? :facepalm:

#4,669 ·
The next generation of Caro fan? :facepalm:
Am reminded of the scene from The Untouchables where Connery's character interviews a couple cadets at the firing range(the second of whom,played by Andy Garcia,joins the team).When the first cadet was asked why he chose to become a police officer,he stammeringly replied,"To serve the community...and....I think I...could help........with...crime."---to which Connery replied,':rolleyes:There goes the next chief of police.'

#4,665 ·
That feels a bit odd, there's currently NO matches going on while we're waiting for Kvitova - Robson to start!

#4,667 · (Edited)
You need an extra "^". ;)

Edit: I may be getting a bit carried away! :)

#4,670 ·
Maybe this forum should changed from the Caroline Wozniacki forum to the C.W. Fields forum. :p

#4,671 ·
Honestly,I don't ever fantasize about Caro romantically,despite her shining beauty,yet I had a dream,last night,that we were married(for whatever reason,Rory never entered my subconscious imaging:lol:).Afterwards,I died for some unexplained reason and was looking on from the afterlife as Caro happily held our young infant(couldn't tell male/female)in her arms.There was already another man in her life,but he was some dorky professional type...he wasn't some handsome playboy.He was moderately attractive enough so as not to be an eyesore for Caroline,and I somehow intuited that he was a doting husband and responsible stepfather.....too bad that TF gem Paulmara isn't a Caro fan or he might give us some insightful dream interpretation:lol:

#4,672 ·
Freddie Nielsen about his mixed double partner Sabine Lisicki :lol:

I'll probably look like the girl in our mixed doubles, fear the Danish tennis player
And awww, he would rather play with Caro! Pity that Caro don't want to play neither doubles or mixed doubles!

- Of course I would rather play with Caroline (Wozniacki, ed.), But she is busy with singles, so I armed me with patience for that one day she think that I'm worthy enough to play. And then we take it from there, says the Dane.
http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_sport/tennis/article1901544.ece

#4,674 ·
#4,673 ·
You see??That goes back to my theory about Lisicki's being opportunistic in her bf quest;she can see how captivated Nielsen is with Caroline,so now she's taking advantage of him in his moment of weakness:p

#4,675 ·
My brother gave me a coffee-table sort of book this Christmas titled,"What's Your Poo Telling You?".....Yeah,THAT kind of poo...will give you all a book report once I figure out the plot

#4,676 ·
Your brother is a real poophead. :p

#4,682 ·
Well,unlike women,I don't need a collection of footwear,but I wear my slippers even when I'm walking a block or two from my house so,if they wore out,I'd definitely appreciate replacements as a gift.Also,my feet are rather large,so they naturally put lots of wear-and-tear on socks,necessitating more of them at various intervals.

As for the book,a black American once told me that he'd heard from his mom that people who check out their bowel movements,after eliminating,have larceny in their hearts.Unfortunately,the limited space in the toilet bowl controls the dispersement of bowels and prevents us from seeing the sort of great shapes we can admire when gazing at clouds:cool:

#4,683 ·
Slipers are for Nora Batty?

Large feet as in Frodo?

The china in your Loo reflects your culture, with some designed to hide your sins and others designed to put them on full display. A philosipher could put a strong case for the link between the admiration of poo and prosperity, being that a genuine correlation exists with the openness of of bathroom china.

#4,687 ·
I forget who the Last Exorcism fan in here was but I saw that they're making a Last Exorcism Part 2.

Meanwhile I'm looking for a movie to go see.

#4,688 ·
You could go see 'Pot of Onions',but it might bring you to tears.There's another film that won't be released for several months;however,there'll be a behind-the-scenes expose' on the Hollywood Channel.It's called,'Star Wars 48:Battle of the Catheter-wearing,Arthritic Lightsaber Warriors'.....it should be a real hit with the young people

#4,706 ·
Will give the WTA website the benefit of the doubt;they claimed to have an interview with Mladenovic after her QF win,and yet it was essentially the exact same one she did following her 2nd-Round victory:lol:.It would be pretty pathetic if the WTA just pretended to have a new clip and guessed that no one would notice,so I'll assume that they accidentally uploaded the same one a second time....Either way,another amateur-hour performance from the WTA page

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.