Tennis Forum banner

The Queen's Palace: Queen Bethanie in 2014!!!

149K views 3K replies 68 participants last post by  Serg. 
#1 · (Edited)
Here's our new thread yall. :D

#1,515 ·
Re: The Queen's Palace: Queen Bethanie in 2011!!!

I can't wait to see her dress at the Wimbledon player's party!! Seeing that the other girls got fashion designers, I can't wait to see what Alex Noble has created. :)

#1,519 ·

Beth and Meghann just beat Jie/Shuai 6-3, 7-6 [9-7] saving 2 sps in the tb!! :worship:

Now hopefully it's off to the Wimby party for Beth in her dress designed by Alex Noble. :drool:

#1,533 ·

Good job Beth, way to waste being seeded, against the 133rd ranked player in the world, playing her first Wimbledon! :confused:

#1,534 ·

Ridiculously bad match. It's time for her to change her game because she can't keep going all out on every shot. That's what got her today, that's what made her lose to Barfol in Copenhagen... She goes all out on every shot and you just know that had she played a few more safe shots and waiting for the right time to strike in rallies instead of going for a winner off the first strike, this result could've been different. All credit to Doi though, she played well and kept strong.

#1,539 ·

Ridiculously bad match. It's time for her to change her game because she can't keep going all out on every shot. That's what got her today, that's what made her lose to Barfol in Copenhagen... She goes all out on every shot and you just know that had she played a few more safe shots and waiting for the right time to strike in rallies instead of going for a winner off the first strike, this result could've been different. All credit to Doi though, she played well and kept strong.
Well said. Although it's exciting as hell when she goes for broke and wins. It's painful to watch at times on days like today =-/ She really needs to come up with a plan B when plan " go for broke " isn't working :p

Hopefully she'll take the doubles title to make up for the singles disappointment... GL, Beth/Meg :rocker2:

#1,535 ·

That's fucking pathetic, Im sorry but it is :help:
2 GS losses this year against players out of the top 100.

Maybe she should stop talking so much about her outfits and stuff and worry more about her game, because that needs the most work currently.

#1,536 ·

TBH, I don't think it's the outfits. Of course this looks horrible because she came out with something outrageous and lost. But going to Copenhagen was the first mistake. I definitely think going to a grass tournament would've been the way to go because Eastbourne doubles was the only grass practice she got in and it rained so much and she went to the Wimbledon party (which okay, you could make the argument there but that's a promotional event for the WTA so suck it) and then fly back and lost easily in the SF. Then she gets rained out again and it just seemed like she didn't practice enough because her shots were just flying all over.

#1,537 ·

TBH, I don't think it's the outfits. Of course this looks horrible because she came out with something outrageous and lost. But going to Copenhagen was the first mistake. I definitely think going to a grass tournament would've been the way to go because Eastbourne doubles was the only grass practice she got in and it rained so much and she went to the Wimbledon party (which okay, you could make the argument there but that's a promotional event for the WTA so suck it) and then fly back and lost easily in the SF. Then she gets rained out again and it just seemed like she didn't practice enough because her shots were just flying all over.
Agreed. She should not have played Copenhagen. Awful decision.

I really can't believe she lost today... I'm in shock. :eek: So bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.