Tennis Forum banner

INDIAN WELLS 2013- Perfect finish: Maria wins her 2nd IW TITLE :D

77K views 2K replies 103 participants last post by  AnnieIWillKnow 
#1 ·
After a solid start to the year, it's time to make a statement at a Premier Mandatory event :worship:

Maria's record in Indian Wells is pretty good. She won the event in 2006, reached the final last year and Semis in 2005, 2008 and 2011 :cheer:

P.S. Please bring back the whale trophy :p
(But we'd be happy with the crystal one as well)

See less See more
#1,415 ·
She won! I'm so happy! One of the best tournaments of the year and it's hers! Great week! Two top ten wins as well! :cheer:

Caro tried, but she was pretty useless today. Really classyas always! Her toughest match and best win is either Sara or Kirilenko!

#1,416 ·
Wonderful performance by Maria! She came out all business and made people who were worried like me look idiotic.

Maria did exactly what I was hoping for against a player like Woz, which is come out, impose her will and superior power, and crush her spirit quickly and leave no doubt.

33 winners to 2 is the stat of the year so far, but it's so typical of Caroline.

Revenge for 2011 complete. Really impressed with how Maria played these last two matches. After some early round struggles, she improved her game and focus as the tournament progressed and saved her best for last. That's what I love seeing and hope to see more of in the future.

She REALLY wanted this title badly and showed no nerves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.