Tennis Forum banner

Sloane Stephens ' Little kids goes home first week' Aka Nadia,Marion,Petra,Sam,

12K views 116 replies 78 participants last post by  shoparound 
#1 · (Edited)

Big girl Sloane is one of the kind,new queen of wta :oh:

#2 ·
Is Sloane kidding? She got an extremely lucky draw, if she makes it past the 4R of any other slam this year without another lucky draw I'll be shocked; I hope she realizes her game still needs a lot more developing.

#5 ·
As far as Stephens goes she's a cocky kid getting her first taste of success. This will be a very humbling period of her career, and once she grows up a bit and gets some perspective I'm sure she'll realize that she needs to watch what she says. She seems like a nice enough girl, but as usual the drama queens here are going to crucify her for an off-the cuff remark made on a video that maybe 1000 people will watch and that even less will actually care about.

#28 ·
Right? :lol: TF

From my interpretation, she was referring to herself as little kids and now that she has reached the 2nd week, she is no longer a little kid - a grown up woman. Kind of like self-deprecating humor! She was not directing that supposed dig to all these players you unnecessarily listed in the title - Nadia, Marion, Petra, Sam, etc. :rolleyes:

#8 ·
Sloane looks like she is going to laugh after she says anything.

I like how this has become the 'thing' to do is post a thread anytime Sloane says something that can be taken the wrong way.

Do you actually think Sloane had malicious intent in her comment?

Or maybe she is just growing in confidence and excited to be reaching this level?

Where were the same people when Azarenka was supposedly making light of Jamie Hampton's serious back injury by saying "I wish I had a back injury"? Maybe they realized Azarenka wasn't being serious when she said it.

#12 ·
Sloane looks like she is going to laugh after she says anything.

I like how this has become the 'thing' to do is post a thread anytime Sloane says something that can be taken the wrong way.

Do you actually think Sloane had malicious intent in her comment?

Or maybe she is just growing in confidence and excited to be reaching this level?

Where were the same people when Azarenka was supposedly making light of Jamie Hampton's serious back injury by saying "I wish I had a back injury"? Maybe they realized Azarenka wasn't being serious when she said it.
I know right, people take her way too seriously.

Oh well anything to bring down the future GOAT :drool:

#13 ·
YOU GO SLOANE!

she kinda looks like azealia banks

#14 ·
It's just a slightly more colourful version of what everyone else said - that the matches in latter rounds are more difficult because the players tend to be better :shrug:

#16 ·
Joking or not, it makes 3 pretty arrogant and cocky remarks in the last few days. Jokes are never coming from nowhere. The girl is about to reach her first slam QF by playing Jovanovski in the 4th round. Wonder how she'll behave the day she's beginning to actually beat relevant players.

#22 ·
If what she says was clever, I would like her... but she just sounds immature and cocky. But if she keeps winning, she can talk all she wants. And she can even stick her tongue out while she does it, if she likes.

#31 ·
Because Sloane, like many people in her generation have a very sarcastic sense of humor (Will Ferrel anyone??) I can see where criticism can come in because you can't always tell the serious from the sarcastic but either way she has a personality and its a nice thing to see from a player her age.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.