Tennis Forum banner

Eddie Herr 18s F: Ana Konjuh (14 y.o.) def. Barbara Haas 6-1 6-1

4K views 29 replies 21 participants last post by  tejmeglekvár 
#1 ·
what a week for ana :eek: up to number 7 in the world at the age of 14!

#4 ·
Awesome! :eek: :hearts:

#12 · (Edited)
WD Ana :D
After she struggled tro get past Fridman Sutjiadi and got bagelled first rpound vs some American WC I thought that this trip would have been a waste. Obviously not. This surface seems to suite Eastern Europeans as they have the advantage of Clay which benefits their movement but it is also really fast, like a cross between IH and Clay which are normally their best surfaces :) And Haas has been in great form this week :)
GL at Orange Bowl :)
If someone else is going to steal Anett's crown, Ana is definitely my top choice :D
Ana is very good, but she';s the kind of girl who I don't see improving much further in the sense that she has stopped growing and she already has a game, so unless she can learn more skills, the transition to pros will be difficult :( I hope she makes it :D

#15 ·
This surface seems to suite Eastern Europeans as they have the advantage of Clay which benefits their movement but it is also really fast, like a cross between IH and Clay which are normally their best surfaces :) And Haas has been in great form this week :)
And which Eastern European player are you talking about? Because no player from Eastern Europe qualified to the QF and only 2 of them got to the 3rd round :shrug:

#17 ·
#27 ·
I meant politically and geographically :)
Like these countries have a strong Indoor Hard and Clay Court tradition, therefore Green Clay is the best surface :)
Geographically and Politically are different:
E.G. Czech Republic is Geographically central and Politically East
Estonia is Geographically Easy but Politically Scandinavian :)
Also IMO, for tennis Central Europe and Eastern Europe are moulded into one :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.