Tennis Forum banner

Has Sharapova Broke Kvitova Mentally?

17K views 237 replies 85 participants last post by  VeeJJ 
#1 ·
It all started at the AO 2012 semifinal. Petra came in beaming in confidence and unprepared because she and her team probably thought she could cruise through the tournament without fitness and off season improvements. Then all of a sudden, she got a dose of Maria's mental toughness and she broke down in the last game of the match. Eversince, she has not been the same player losing all confidence. On top of that, she got another beatdown at the French Open by Maria. I don't think she expected to lose to Maria especially how well she handled her at Wimbledon 2011 final in straight sets. It reminded me a little bit of the Serena/Maria situation which also all started at Wimbledon in straight set win fashion. I'm not entirely pointing finger at Maria, but surely she at least have something to do with Kvitova's slump of Ivanovic's proportion, no?

#126 · (Edited)
If you thought I was being serious it shows how stupid you are.
Suuuuuuuuuuure :tape:

I could careless, but if you're going to troll at least try harder. Not to mention I copy and pasted a majority of it.
That's exactly what I had thought - someone had given it to you because YOU have those feelings :lol:

Edit - I just looked in your history .... :ignore: Seems like you didn't copy and paste ... :haha:

It's called PROJECTION

#129 ·
I'm not trolling. I hate Maria, and I derive a great deal of joy from all her losses. It was delicious when Na destroyed her in Australia after the media had hyped her up for breaking the record for fewest games dropped against a string of pushovers. It was plain for all to see just who is better at hitting a tennis ball. And although 2012 was annoying because Maria beat Petra three times, it was still sweet to see what Serena did to her. The trauma of the Olympic final will have made that silver medal a bitter thing for Pova to look at for the rest of her life, as she remembers how foolish she was made to look on tennis' biggest stage.

And I will continue to hate that sorry, non-volleying, screaming, cheating, superfluous-bra-wearing giantess until she retires or changes her ways. If Kvitty isn't going to get fit and save us from having to hear her, may God raise up some other player to do the slaying instead.

#131 · (Edited)
I'm not trolling. I hate Maria, and I derive a great deal of joy from all her losses. It was delicious when Na destroyed her in Australia after the media had hyped her up for breaking the record for fewest games dropped against a string of pushovers. It was plain for all to see just who is better at hitting a tennis ball. And although 2012 was annoying because Maria beat Petra three times, it was still sweet to see what Serena did to her. The trauma of the Olympic final will have made that silver medal a bitter thing for Pova to look at for the rest of her life, as she remembers how foolish she was made to look on tennis' biggest stage.

And I will continue to hate that sorry, non-volleying, screaming, cheating, superfluous-bra-wearing giantess until she retires or changes her ways. If Kvitty isn't going to get fit and save us from having to hear her, may God raise up some other player to do the slaying instead.
that was an actual record, how else should people react? :lol:

#132 · (Edited)
LMAO

What a low hanging rubbish fruit thread.

First of all Shazza, even though a dominant player, is not THAT imposing of a character that psyches opponents on the court (may be that happens off-court but that's another story).

And what is so special about that match anyway - that it was competitive? So what? So were the two 2012 matches between LiNa and Petra (which took place before AND after the Petra-Pova clash and both of which Petra lost) were also very competitive

#143 ·
NutterMasha's brain or SilverSlam's bedroom:confused:

#142 ·
so many delusional Sharahaters in one thread ..... and they look so pressed with their hopeless Kvitty-never-Goat-again

#144 ·
Is that yet another one of your delusional facts? :confused::lol:

#149 ·
op has achieved his/her goal. Got his entertainment watching the cat fight in this thread. I guess everyone that participated was just having fun during leisure. I mean one can't seriously think that petra's slump was contributed by masha. Petra has always been a hit or miss player with loads of natural talent but lacking the motivation. I think her laidback attitude has hampered her the most.A good girl finishing last case. I do believe she will make a comeback. But a year lile her 2011 is hard to repeat for anybody not named serena. In her case she just got masha everytime.but i think it could have been vika or serena too in masha's place and the result would have been same.

#152 ·
op has achieved his/her goal. Got his entertainment watching the cat fight in this thread. I guess everyone that participated was just having fun during leisure. I mean one can't seriously think that petra's slump was contributed by masha. Petra has always been a hit or miss player with loads of natural talent but lacking the motivation. I think her laidback attitude has hampered her the most.A good girl finishing last case. I do believe she will make a comeback. But a year lile her 2011 is hard to repeat for anybody not named serena. In her case she just got masha everytime.but i think it could have been vika or serena too in masha's place and the result would have been same.
BIB: Unfortunately your masha colleagues do :tape::sad:

As for the beginning and the rest of your post ..... Bingo :bounce::bounce:

This thread can now be closed :)

#161 ·
Has Sharapova broke mentally KvittyGoat-troll and forced him to find a new BB hope, thus turning him into PetraReeMona?

Reactions: AnnieIWillKnow
#162 ·
Before I answer your question, could you please tell me what a BB is. If the answer is Bloody Brilliant - then the answer is ALL OF THEM, if it's not, then I'd like to know what BB stands for.

Cheers :yeah:

#180 ·
I didn't think people would react like that to the keep calm avis :lol: it was obviously a joke and just something fun we did. And if anything it had more to do with us being united as a fan base rather than with Maria per say. As you can see some avis don't mention her name :shrug:

#184 ·
Oh wow, there are so many exhibits of "sad" people on this thread, let alone on this site and people think it's sad some fans made and are using "keep calm" avatars about their favourite player? :lol:
I seriously don't see how this is a deal at all. Keep calm.

#187 ·
Well it's Fed Cup week, the perfect time for Ludmilla to beat up on a couple of poor scrubs, bounce around shouting KROTT !! and get her year back on track. Of course if she manages to lose this week (she won't) then you really have to wonder how much longer she should torture herself following a career she clearly hates and has no interest in.

Follow your bliss, Ludmilla, do a job you actually WANT to do instead of one that was picked out for you when you were 5 or 6 ... there is no shame in it.

#197 ·
I think I care about them about the same, slight edge to Kvitova. However, she is squandering her talent at the moment. She will snap out of it though she's young so she has to work out whatever personal things she has going on before she can reach her full potential. Hope she snaps out of it sooner than later though.

#199 ·
Sharapova ain't affect Kvitova at all, if anything it made Maria a lot less confident going into Grand Slam finals against lesser known opponents :dies:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.