Tennis Forum banner

Beginning of the 2013

12K views 185 replies 28 participants last post by  Caipirinha Guy 
#1 · (Edited)
1st week - Auckland (Aga), Brisbane (Ula) [Aga 1st seed, Ula in MD]
2nd week - Sydney (Aga and Ula) [Aga 1st seed with bye in R1, Ula last in MD]
3rd week - Australian Open (Aga and Ula)
4th week - Australian Open (Aga and probably Ula)
5th week - free (Aga), Paris (Ula in MD)
6th week - probably Fed Cup (Aga and Ula)

;)

#29 ·
Center Court - 12:00 noon
Mona Barthel vs. Johanna Larsson
Kirsten Flipkens vs. Yanina Wickmayer
Agnieszka Radwańska vs. Elena Vesnina
Liga Dekmeijere/Megan Moulton-Levy vs. Cara Black/Anastasia Rodionova
Not before 7:30 pm
Jamie Hampton vs. Kiki Bertens
Jill Craybas/Eleni Danilidou vs. Julie Coin/Marie-Eve Pelletier

Good luck!

#34 ·
(1)A.Radwanska
Dellacqua v Q
Paszek v Jankovic
Vinci v (8)Petrova

(4)Li v McHale
Q v Hantuchova
Safarova v Q
Zheng v (6)Stosur

(5)Kvitova v Cibulkova
Lepchenko v Makarova
(wc)Rogowska v Kirilenko
Q v (3)Errani

(7)Wozniacki v U. Radwanska
Goerges v Q
Wickamyer v Q
(2)Kerber v BYE

The match that should have happened in Brisbane.

#38 ·
She just can't play at this level in the final. Today I think the wind made some damages too, hopefully Aga will show another face tomorrow... At least Wickmayer doesn't have Hampton's abilities to hit so many winners from nowhere, so maybe Aga will be able to play her game better.

#39 ·
No, it's Aga playing terrible (she wasn't in great form in IW either), after hitting serve/return she was immediately receding deep behind the baseline and staying there and barely moving at all. We've seen Aga fending off much better ballbashers than Hampton.

Tough draw for Aga in Sydney, she might lose early which I think would be for the best.

#40 ·
Aga into Auckland final ! :cheer:

Ugly win. Another weak match against Hampton. Slow, too passive. Should have finished the match earlier. Aga was leading 7-6 4-0 and only won 7-6 7-6. The match was a mess, hope Aga improves in final vs Wickmayer.

#50 ·
It wasn't as bad as yesterday, at least she bothered to chase down the balls. I think she was trying to tank against Hampton but when your opponent double faults on set point, gifts you the tie break and 4-love in the second it's easier to just finish the match.
I'm waiting for next week, now. Her level in Sydney should be a better indicator.
Sveta to own her in Aga's opening round :oh:

#49 ·
I just think she didn't come to Auckland to win initially, it's a little tournament for her and she doesn't need to get tired so maybe she decided not to spend too much, as she plays also in Sydney before the AO.

I'm waiting for next week, now. Her level in Sydney should be a better indicator.

#52 ·
Congrats for Auckland title, Aga ! :hearts::yeah:

Aga did just enough to win. Didn`t lose a set. WTA title #11 :drool:

#55 · (Edited)
Znamy już dziesiątkę najlepszych sportowców Polski w 2012 roku, ale jej skład pozostanie tajemnicą aż do sobotniej Gali Mistrzów.

W nocy z 2 na 3 stycznia zakończyła się pierwsza część głosowania w 78. Plebiscycie na 10 Najlepszych Sportowców Polski. W drugiej odsłonie, która wystartuje w sobotę o godz. 20.20 wraz z telewizyjną relacją z Gali Mistrzów Sportu, kibice, wysyłając SMS-y, zdecydują o kolejności na miejscach od dziesiątego do pierwszego. Głosy nie będą jednak, rzecz jasna, liczone od początku. Sportowcy zachowają dotychczasowy dorobek punktowy.
Z 20 nominowanych sportowców przeszło dalej tylko 10, w tym Aga.
Teraz wszystko zależy od głosowania sms'ego. Tak więc głosujemy!

ŻEBY ZAGŁOSOWAĆ NA AGĘ WYSYŁAMY SMS O TREŚCI 8 NA NUMER 7350.

EDIT: KONIEC GŁOSOWANIA!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.