Tennis Forum banner

Cheering Thread: Clay season!

210K views 4K replies 126 participants last post by  MS 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Sara Errani ,Cheering Thread

For results , pics and info.

#3,816 ·
Serena yesterday after the match...

Q. Clearly you kept her from playing her game, but she never had a chance to get in the points and that's what she wants. She only won 16 points. Was there any point out there like she's a nice girl, you were feeling a little sorry for her, or you can't even allow yourself?

SERENA WILLIAMS: Well, I definitely can't allow myself. She's a great girl. I really, really like her. I love her fighting spirit. I really like her as a person. But when you go out there, you just have to play and forget about who you're playing.

#3,819 ·
Oh, well, it wasn't the best day for Sara and Roberta and they lost the final :sad: Shame about not having been able to get the 5-4 and return for the first set, that could have changed things...

Anyway, I must recognised that the rivals were the better team today, so they deserved the win ;)

Good luck for the next tournaments!!

What happened with the prize ceremony that Sara is being so criticised again in GM? I didn't see it, so....:p

#3,828 ·
Loss to Puig.. Monica played great, but Sara was just grass-ophobic.. I listened to the press conference audio, she was so tender!! <3 She said she's afraid of falling down running on the grass and get injured and gave other specific explainations I'm not able to translate properly at the moment!! :)

#3,830 ·
In the Italian press conference she added that she came to London few days before to get used to the grass and do the right preparation; she said she made specific athletic exercises for this surface but that did not work. She said also that on hard and on clay she can make long steps moving, but here on the grass it is dangerous, so she has to shorten them, but having short legs she's in late on the ball. Another thing she said is that not finding the right "supports" (I mean, with the legs) she can't push her forehand. She's aware of having no propers "weapons" for playing on the grass (power, service, etc..) but that the most problematic hindrance is the moving. Last thing I remember of the press conference is that she really doesn't know at the moment how to free herself from the fear of playing on grass, because that's not a thing you can solve doing exercises. She hopes to find a way anyway.

I'm sure my translation isn't 100% correct, I have difficultes to use technical tennis terms in Italian too!! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.