Tennis Forum banner

Tennis Tipping #14a | Charleston | Congrats Freshi and joe87 & myself !!!

33K views 579 replies 98 participants last post by  Freshi 
#1 · (Edited)

What is Tennis Tipping?

In the game, participants pick the winners of all main draw matches and are placed in a knock-out system. That means each participant plays a different participant and whoever predicted the winner of most matches correctly, moves on to the next round. The same applies for doubles, but you're in a team format and your scores are combined.

In case a player (i.e. the actual WTA Player), the retirement WILL count in TT, as long as the first point has been played, but they do not count for SRs or for TBs.

- If players are replaced by a lucky loser after the start of Tennis Tipping, these matches will be cancelled.

Tie-break method for 2013: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=425109

How to Sign-Up:

3 Month + 100 posts Rule: One can only play this game if he has created an account in this forum at least 3 months ago AND has at least 100 posts. An exception is made for veteran MTF players (if you have played TT for 3 months or longer on MTF, then you can play TT on TF immediately.

Just post here that you would like to play. You can only play one tournament per week. Entries will be based on ranking. Everyone can commit.

How to send in picks:

Picks can be sent in as soon as the draws are ready. Remember, you pick a winner inevery match! Picks should be sent by PM, so that your opponent does not know your picks. Picks should be titled: [TT: Charleston, day #]. Picks can be sent in anytime until the beginning of play each day. If you are in singles and doubles then you can use different picks for each if you want to. For doubles, you still tip the WTA singles matches, not the doubles! No changes can be made after the play has started.
You have to send picks before play starts, late picks won´t be accepted!

In case of emergencies/pick sending problems: Only in case of circumstances that a tt player cannot send picks to the manager of the tournament one can send his picks to the below e-mail address. The board will be able to access this account and picks sent here will be counted as normal. Please note that it should ONLY be used in emergencies. Also, a person who uses this method of sending picks should alert the tournament manager and a board member as soon as possible because the account won't necessarily be checked every day.

ttboard@hotmail.co.uk

You can also send your picks to southstar85@live.de if you aren´t able to sign in to the board, as I check this email account daily anyway!

More questions about the game and the rules?
Check out the General rules of Tennis Tipping!

Good Luck, your manager Michael :hatoff:

See less See more
#516 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #14a | Charleston | Thursday OOP is out! Send for QFs! 11am start!

Michi, HAOCHEN-GOAT should have shared the GOAT pick award for picking BOUCHARD in doubles :sobbing:

#518 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #14a | Charleston | Thursday OOP is out! Send for QFs! 11am start!

Did anyone expect Robson to win? :spit: :oh:

#519 ·

Singles Main Draw
Quarterfinal

00:00 | petey_pan (AUS) vs. Buitenzorg (AUS) - Cirstea vs. Safarova
00:00 | (4) Michael! (GER) vs. (9) Martn7 (ESP) - Safarova vs. Cirstea
00:00 | Freshi (GER) vs. Elwin. (NED) - Safarova vs. Cirstea
00:00 | Rik. (NED) vs. Tennisfan06 (EST) - Keys, Safarova vs. Mattek-Sands, Cirstea
SR Differences: Keys 2-1 vs. Mattek-Sands 2-1, Safarova 2-0 vs. Cirstea 2-1

#520 ·

Doubles Main Draw
Quarterfinal

00:00 | (Q) Chrissi_like/Lolada_4 (GER/POR) vs. Michael!/joe87 (GER/AUT) - Mattek-Sands vs. Keys
00:00 | AdeyC/mateusz2904 (GBR/POL) vs. Shaddad/chenhw (EGY/FIN) - Mattek-Sands, Safarova, Goerges vs. Keys, Cirstea, Voegele
00:00 | (Q) tennismaster8820/Nicolas (CRO/FRA) vs. wtatourfan/Daszmarelli (BRA/BRA) - Mattek-Sands, Cirstea, Goerges, V.Williams vs. Keys, Safarova, Voegele, Lepchenko
SR Differences: Mattek-Sands 2-0 v. Keys 2-1, Cirstea 2-1 v. Safarova 2-0, Goerges 2-1 v. Voegele 2-1, V.Williams 2-0 v. Lepchenko 2-1, V.Williams 2-0 v. V.Williams 2-1
00:00 | (5) Richie's/Xepher (MCO/HKG) vs. CibulkaNa./StarLuk (CHN/CHN) - Cirstea, V.Williams vs. Safarova, Lepchenko
SR Differences: Mattek-Sands 2-0 v. Mattek-Sands 2-1, Cirstea 2-0 v. Safarova 2-0, Goerges 2-0 v. Goerges 2-1, Jankovic 2-0 v. Jankovic 2-1, V.Williams 2-0 v. V.Williams 2-1, V.Williams 2-0 v. Lepchenko 2-1

#521 ·

Picks Count for singles:

Mattek-Sands 5 Keys 3
Cirstea 4 Safarova 4
Voegele 0 Goerges 8
Pegula 0 Jankovic 8
Bouchard 0 Stosur 8
S.Williams 8 Burdette 0
Lepchenko 0 V.Williams 8

Picks Count for doubles:

Mattek-Sands 9 Keys 7
Cirstea 9 Safarova 7
Voegele 2 Goerges 14
Pegula 0 Jankovic 16
Bouchard 0 Stosur 16
S.Williams 16 Burdette 0
Lepchenko 2 V.Williams 14

#522 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #14a | Charleston | Thursday diffs for QFs are out! Good luck! :)

Matches NOT played today: #Serena vs. #Burdette, #Venus vs. Lepchenko, Mattek-Sands vs. Keys and Cirstea vs. Safarova #FCC2013
those matches have been cancelled already for today and others will start quite late today, if they will be played at all..have to post Friday OOP with all 14 possible matches and everyone should send for tomorrow anyway, not sure if I will win today or not but my possible opponents, Joe and me have to send to Meelis this time.

Friday OOP will be in a while! :p

#523 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #14a | Charleston | Thursday diffs for QFs are out! Good luck! :)

Two matches have started now at least!
I would like to wait till those matches will be finshed at least and then post OOP, which will make it a bit less complicated at least...:lol:
However, I am not sure if they are able to continue at all...

If someone has to send already now and can´t wait, please post here, I could post OOP for tomorrow already now as well (just with more matches):p

#524 · (Edited)

Order Of Play Friday (05.April)

Semifinal - Singles Main Draw
Semifinal - Doubles Main Draw

Samantha STOSUR (AUS) vs. Jelena JANKOVIC (SRB) TB1 SR1
Eugenie BOUCHARD (CAN) vs. Jelena JANKOVIC (SRB) TB1 SR1
Bethanie MATTEK-SANDS (USA) vs. V.WILLIAMS (USA) TB2 SR2
Bethanie MATTEK-SANDS (USA) vs. Varvara LEPCHENKO (USA) TB2 SR2
Madison KEYS (USA) vs. V.WILLIAMS (USA) TB2 SR2
Madison KEYS (USA) vs. Varvara LEPCHENKO (USA) TB2 SR2
S.WILLIAMS (USA) vs. Sorana CIRSTEA (ROU) TB3 SR3
S.WILLIAMS (USA) vs. Lucie SAFAROVA (CZE) TB3 SR3
Mallory BURDETTE (USA) vs. Sorana CIRSTEA (ROU) TB3 SR3
Mallory BURDETTE (USA) vs. Lucie SAFAROVA (CZE) TB3 SR3
Caroline WOZNIACKI (DEN) vs. Julia GOERGES (GER) SR4
Caroline WOZNIACKI (DEN) vs. Stefanie VOEGELE (SUI) SR4

All players send picks to Michael!.
Michael!, joe87 and their possible opponents send picks to Meelis.

If you wanna pick one of the Williams sisters, please write S.Williams or V.Williams

Deadline to send picks is xx:00pm Charleston time or x:00pm CEST when play begins.
Current time in Charleston.

For TB matches send exact score and for SR matches just set ratio.
Please send picks in this format: only last (CAPITALIZED) name and score

TB matches for example:
LISICKI 7-6 4-6 6-2
For SR matches:
LISICKI 2-1

Thank you and good luck! :hatoff:

#525 ·

useless to wait for more results, all other matches did not even start yet!
I will add deadline later, but won´t be too early as they have to finish all 3rd round matches tomorrow first.
Everyone should send obviously, will try to update everything in time tomorrow (once all Thursday matches are finished)!

#526 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #14a | Charleston | Rain ! Friday OOP is out! All players send for

Stosur retirement destroyed by TB1 :rolleyes:
anyway, first QFs will probably played at ca. 3pm local time (9pm CEST)!
I will try to be around to that time to post results for TT QFs and diffs for SFs.

There is no "no before" play for QFs, so I can´t set a deadline for today but all people have time to send until the first QF starts. :)

#527 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #14a | Charleston | Rain ! Friday OOP is out! All players send for

The two Aussies should have sent to Meelis as well, it´s still possible that I win my Singles QF also! :p
But doesn´t matter, I made my picks already anyway and I won´t open any PM till TT QF is completed! :)

#532 ·

Singles Main Draw

Quarterfinal
LiveScore (after 05 of 07 matches):

02:02 | petey_pan (AUS) vs. Buitenzorg (AUS) (SR 1:2) - Cirstea vs. Safarova
03:03 | (4) Michael! (GER) vs. (9) Martn7 (ESP) (SR 1:0) - Safarova vs. Cirstea
02:02 | Freshi (GER) vs. Elwin. (NED) (SR 1:1) - Safarova vs. Cirstea
03:02 | Rik. (NED) vs. Tennisfan06 (EST) (SR 1:1) - Safarova vs. Cirstea SR Differences: Safarova 2-0 vs. Cirstea 2-1

Doubles Main Draw

Quarterfinal
LiveScore (after 05 of 07 matches):

05:06 | (Q) Chrissi_like/Lolada_4 (GER/POR) vs. Michael!/joe87 (GER/AUT) (SR 2:3) -
04:06 | AdeyC/mateusz2904 (GBR/POL) vs. Shaddad/chenhw (EGY/FIN) (SR 2:3) - Safarova vs. Cirstea
04:05 | (Q) tennismaster8820/Nicolas (CRO/FRA) vs. wtatourfan/Daszmarelli (BRA/BRA) (SR 2:4) - Cirstea vs. Safarova SR Differences: Cirstea 2-1 v. Safarova 2-0
05:04 | (5) Richie's/Xepher (MCO/HKG) vs. CibulkaNa./StarLuk (CHN/CHN) (SR 2:2) - Cirstea vs. Safarova SR Differences: Cirstea 2-0 v. Safarova 2-0

#534 ·

Singles Main Draw
Semifinal

00:00 | Buitenzorg (AUS) vs. (4) Michael! (GER) - Bouchard, Keys vs. Jankovic, V.Williams
SR Differences: Bouchard 2-1 vs. Jankovic 2-0, Keys 2-1 vs. V.Williams 2-0
00:00 | Freshi (GER) vs. Rik. (NED) - Same winners;
SR Differences: V.Williams 2-0 v 2-1

Doubles Main Draw
Semifinal

00:00 | Michael!/joe87 (GER/AUT) vs. Shaddad /chenhw (EGY/FIN) - Same Winners; SR Differences: Jankovic 2-0 v. Jankovic 2-1, V.Williams 2-1 v. V.Williams 2-0
00:00 | wtatourfan /Daszmarelli (BRA/BRA) vs. CibulkaNa. /StarLuk (CHN/CHN) - V.Williams +2 vs. Keys +2

#536 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #14a | Charleston | Rain ! Friday diffs for SFs are out! Good luck

Main Draw
Semifinal

00:00 | Buitenzorg (AUS) vs. (4) Michael! (GER)
00:00 | Freshi (GER) vs. Rik. (NED)

Quarterfinal
Results (after 07 of 07 matches):

03:04 | petey_pan (AUS) vs. Buitenzorg (AUS) #SRs: 2-4
05:04 | (4) Michael! (GER) vs. (9) Martn7 (ESP) #SRs: 3-1
04:03 | Freshi (GER) vs. Elwin. (NED) #SRs: 3-2
05:03 | Rik. (NED) vs. Tennisfan06 (EST) #SRs: 2-2

#537 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #14a | Charleston | Rain ! Friday diffs for SFs are out! Good luck

Main Draw
Semifinal

00:00 | Michael!/joe87 (GER/AUT) vs. Shaddad /chenhw (EGY/FIN)
00:00 | wtatourfan /Daszmarelli (BRA/BRA) vs. CibulkaNa. /StarLuk (CHN/CHN)

Quarterfinal
Results (after 07 of 07 matches):

08:09 | (Q) Chrissi_like/Lolada_4 (GER/POR) vs. Michael!/joe87 (GER/AUT) #SRs: 5-6
08:09 | AdeyC/mateusz2904 (GBR/POL) vs. Shaddad/chenhw (EGY/FIN) #SRs: 6-6
06:08 | (Q) tennismaster8820/Nicolas (CRO/FRA) vs. wtatourfan/Daszmarelli (BRA/BRA) #SRs: 4-6
07:07 | (5) Richie's/Xepher (MCO/HKG) vs. CibulkaNa./StarLuk (CHN/CHN) #SRs: 4-4 Incorrect 2-1 SRs: 0-2

#539 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #14a | Charleston | Friday diffs for SFs are out! Good luck! :)

Player of the day "Steffi Graf Award":
(4) Michael! (GER) (5 correct picks + 3 SRs) :worship:
Team of the day "Williams Award":
Michael!/joe87 (GER/AUT) and Shaddad/chenhw (EGY/FIN) (9 correct picks) :inlove:
Worst player of the day "Anne Priska Award":
petey_pan, Elwin. and tennisfan06 ( 3 correct picks) :eek:
Worst team of the day "you suck Award":
(Q) tennismaster8820/Nicolas (CRO/FRA) ( 6 correct picks) :haha:​
Luck Award "Lucky Bitch":
CibulkaNa./StarLuk (CHN/CHN (won their match with 7 correct picks) :rolleyes:
Bad Luck Award "Unlucky devil":
(9) Martn7 (ESP) (lost his match with 4 correct picks) :hysteric:
Best Pick:
Vögele by Daszmarelli and Shaddad :drool:
Worst Pick:
Lepchenko by wtatourfan and StarLuk :facepalm:
Match of the day:
Shaddad/chenhw (EGY/FIN) def. AdeyC/mateusz2904 (GBR/POL) 9:8 :cheer:
Fail Award:
The Rain :rain:

#540 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #14a | Charleston | Friday diffs for SFs are out! Good luck! :)

Interview with......Kylger

1) What´s your real name,age and where are you from?
2) Tell us one thing which you dislike most about your country/hometown?
3) You decided to play Charleston, do you like to play on green clay? what was your biggest success so far on creen clay?
4) First three months of the year are already over, how satisfied are you with ur current TT season so far?
5) Who do you predict to win the singles and doubles title here?
6) Did you ever cry after your favourite player won/lost an important tennis match? (if yes, when was the last time/which player/tournament etc.)
7) Do you play tennis yourself? (If yes, what is your best/worst shot)
8) Your worst habit?
9) We celebrate Easter these days, which WTA or ATP player would you like to see in a sexy flurry rabbit costume?
10) How far would you go to get a better draw from the Charleston manager? :devil:

1) Real name is Gert and from Estonia!
2) As much charm as Tallinn has it's not big enough for me. I love to live in metropolis somewhere, where all the time something is happening.
3) Oh gosh! No freakin' idea. Can't even remember how I played last week. Can I have an easier question?
4) It's up and down all season, no real highlight so far.
5) Michael in Singles (Just watch him rig the cakewalk draw for himself :spit:, the Chinese pairings are always dangerous, so possibly xieergai/garyyoung (CHN) or always a power couple Chris 84/slokid (SLO)
6) Possibly. Can't remember well, but it would have been when Graf or Hingis lost during their careers.
7) I wish I could, really haven't had the time to invest in it. If I would then certainly forehand cross court.
8) Being a constant flirt :)
9) From ATP - Janko Tipsarevic (he would look cute as a button and you could do a lot of thing with him), from WTA - Sabine Lisicki (same reason as before mentioned)
10) You know the answer, but I would never announce it out loud :lol:

#541 ·

Interview with......Sasja

I’m Sasja, 20 y.o. and from a town called, Bergen op Zoom in the Netherlands. My father is Spanish and my mother is Dutch.
The weather :rain:
3) You decided to play Charleston, do you like to play on green clay? what was your biggest success so far on creen clay?
Not too sure about playing on the green clay. I’m just here for the players’ party :oh: Biggest result on the green clay? R2 of an ITF I think :hysteric:
4) First three months of the year are already over, how satisfied are you with your current TT season so far?
Not doing so well in singles. And I need to defend my RU points from RG :help: Best singles result this year was a SF in Hobart. And in doubles me and my fabulous partner, Elwin, won WTA Paris as qualifiers.
Jinx :devil:
6) Did you ever cry after your favourite player won/lost an important tennis match? (if yes, when was the last time/which player/tournament etc.)
Don't think I really cried, but some special moments from ’12: Delpo defeating Djokovic and winning the Bronze medal in London, Maria winning RG, Bertens winning a WTA title and Kleybanova making her return in Miami. And for some awful losses: Tsonga and Delpo losing in the QF of RG. Tsonga losing in 5 sets to Djokovic when he had 4 MP’s :hysteric: And Delpo was up 2-0 in sets against Federer :sad:
Not really. I’ve had some tennis lessons, but now I sometimes just play for fun. And when I do play, I try to be a ballbasher and fail most of the time :spit:
8) Your worst habit?
Don’t have any :angel: :secret:
9) We celebrate Easter these days, which WTA or ATP player would you like to see in a sexy flurry rabbit costume?
:lol: Probably Tsonga :hearts:
10) How far would you go to get a better draw from the Charleston manager?
Even this brilliant manager won’t be able to help me here. Anyone would be lucky to draw me, being the walking BYE that I am :sobbing:

#542 ·

Interview with......Inger67

Cory, 22, Ann Arbor, Michigan

Not enough warm weather for my liking :tears:

In real life I've played on green clay a few times and loved it! :hearts: I like sliding on the court. Need to play on red clay though :tape:

In TT, it gives the real inconsistent players like myself a chance to win :oh:
As a Q, I made the SF here in 2011.

4) First three months of the year are already over, how satisfied are you with your current TT season so far?
Not at all. I think even W/L ratio on the year but overall nothing great. Nothing more than a QF, can't get 3+ wins in one week. Doubles is about the same. Absolutely no wins in big events. Considering my goal was to make YEC for both, I have some work to do :rolls:

Need to have self belief, Inger67 in singles and Inger67/New_balls_please for the doubles :rocker2:

Yes, sadly :lol:
I think only when I was younger though, haven't done this in a looong time. One time in particular, I think I cried when Venus lost in 2004 Wimbledon against Sprem :tape:

Yes, of course. Don't really have any GOAT reliable shot but my FH is my best/most dangerous wing. BH is improving quite a bit though. Worst shot is definitely volley.

8) Your worst habit?
Biting my nails? :p

Dmitriov, Verdaso circa 2009, Tomic, Novak :kiss:

10) How far would you go to get a better draw from the Charleston manager? :devil:
Send you an Easter basket full of candy of course :angel:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.