Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The "Flavia's not the only tennis player in the world" thread

144K views 5K replies 24 participants last post by  Zamboni 
#1 ·
I thought it'd be nice to have an "off topic tennis" thread - for all our tennis talk that's not related to Flavia. Our other faves, general tennis stuff, etc.

:cheer::hi5:

#7 ·
Someone posted a thread in GM and I felt like the OP read my mind. You usually can tell which matches will be played next day based on the current round but Madrid seems so random. :( Are they showing livestreams for non-show courts?

Who's playing in Rosmalen? Flavia better be playing there as you're going there right? :p

#8 ·
They have streams for MS, ASV and court 3, but the times seem a bit random:lol: Hard to tell what they will show exactly. Will get easier when I have actually time to watch, I guess :p

Usually it's a bunch of Italians, Slovaks, Czechs and Belgians:lol: I'm having my fingers crossed for Flavia and Sara ;) And the rest of my faves. So not too many Slovaks and Czechs please:tape:
I'm going sat-tue so plenty of time for stalking if they play :angel:

#9 ·
It's easier to watch if you don't have to worry about getting some sleep like I do. :sad: RG is so near now yet I fear that I will be missing most of the early daytime matches because I'm still at work. Sigh.

Sat-Tue! That's a lot of matches to watch! Can you video some of them? :angel:

Speaking of Slovaks, no Cibulkova please. :tape:

#10 ·
Madrid's coverage just sucks :weirdo: no Sexa-Sara today :(
Rome will be sooooo better :hearts: they will even show doubles matches :oh:
lately Azarenka is growing on me :unsure: but her grunt s just too annoying :eek:
btw i have a question about tennis rules :p
yesterday Roddick and Cipolla played a tb, Cipolla was up *7-6 and 2 serves which he lost both while Roddick on *8-7 served it out with 1 serve
who start to serve first in the 3rd?

#11 ·
Franny vs Sara is on on Centre Court and yet no TV coverage. :weirdo:
:secret: Did you bet on Franny?

Doubles matches coverage. :eek: Dulketta better get their act together by then so I can watch them. :p

I used to be like that about Vika. :lol: She was a bit too spoiled without the results to back her up when she started on tour and that grunt is really annoying. :eek: But I've been sort of following her results when she was still in the juniors then I got back to liking her when she finally settled in being a pro.

I'm not sure about this but what I know is that if for example it was Cipolla who serve in the last game before the TB, then it will be Roddick who will serve first in the third set. :unsure:

#15 ·
I'm the unique person to find funny Vika's grunting? I mean, there are worse ones :lol: Sveta and Petkovic are boring for this points of view, Vika makes you be always careful about the match is going :lol:
Howewer, which players is, in your opinion, the most boring to watch? I pick A. Radwanska :oh:

#18 ·
Ma$ha? Why? She has a good game...
Yes, Elena's grunting was very "particular"... but she played a good tennis :p
Oh, I forgot to say I dislike the vorax Voracova :eek: ITF whore :eek:

#28 ·
I used to like Radwanska, now I sorta wonder why that was exactly:oh:
Same with Peer:lol:

Dementieva was certainly boooooring
:yawn:
:mad: Yes, her shots is cringe-worthy and she's kinda dumb tactics-wise. :tape: :eek: But I don't find her boring. :p

I think Cibulkova plays Rosmalen every year :p
More chance of her winning a match there than at Eastbourne :lol:
Yikes!
Makarova will be playing in Eastbourne to defend her title there. I'm starting to like her since I've seen her play in FC. Fluid game and her shots looks so simple and smooth.

#22 ·
Fran :inlove:
^ I understand, not everybody likes her screaming, but her game is made of risk, so UEs are part of it.

#47 ·
He means this Dumbo;)

But Julia is nowhere in Gisela's league, only Pivovarova is :p

Should I change the thread title?:p
Please don't make her feel like she's the only tennis player in the world
:angel:

#48 ·
Oh I know Dumbo. :lol: It's just that I don't get why she's being compared to a fictional baby elephant so I assumed it has something to do with being 'dumb'. :shrug:
I feel like I'm so dense. :facepalm:

I love the thread title. :oh: But did you really get the idea from the Rihanna song? :oh:

#50 ·
Hint: there's a reason Gisela wears her headband over her ears ;) :lol:

No, I didn't :lol: But it does fit well.
Aha! So it's the ears. Before I read your post, I actually stared (like an idiot :p) at the TV to check Julia's ears. :tape: :lol: I really am amazed at what you guys noticed. I never noticed it before. Actually, I'm still not sure now if it's really that big. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.