Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ana Konjuh

489K views 5K replies 103 participants last post by  Meelis 
#1 ·
Born 27.12.1997
Ok guys I followed this girls developement for quite a few months now.
Last month she won the European Junior Championships, Pilzen for girls under 14.

Other success she had this year:
Winner of G16 Junior Croatia Open, Cakovec
Winner of G14 Mladost Grill Open, Zagreb
Winner of G16 Kvarner Open, Rijeka
Also reaching a G16 final in AvignonFR and a couple of SFs.

This year she has a win-loss record of 48-7 currently. With those 4 titles.
She seems to be highly talented, there´s a lot of potential, hope she´s not going to fade away and go her way.

http://www.nacional.hr/clanak/113738/ana-konjuh-vodeca-u-europi
http://www.nacional.hr/clanak/113113/ana-konjuh-europska-prvakinja

People might say it´s too early for a thread but after twinning the European Championchips I though she would deserve a own thread.

See less See more
#1,867 ·
well, it happens. it's not important if she'll be #500 or #200 at the end of this year, it's important how will she be at her best in years to come.
some need more time some less. look at vekic. she was just a solid junior, and she exploded quickly in seniors.

#1,873 ·
Are there any news on injury?

#1,879 ·
I'm a little concerned about this cause even with all of her restrictions she has enough tournaments to play one more before Paris. I guess they don't feel she'll be ready to make a significant result so don't want to waste a tournament, but in that case she'll come into RG after a really long break so who knows what might happen there. Sure, a result in RG is not an imperative but she has built herself a sort of reputation by becoming #1 and winning pretty much every junior event in the past several months, so a lot will still be expected of her.

Anyway, the most important thing now is surely to heal the injury and the rest will work itself out hopefully.

#1,880 · (Edited)
there's, to me, really no good decision or bad decision over which tournament to play, Ana beat Radwanska in Israel and dispatched Siniakova easily early in the year, so 10K, 25K, 50K or some Junior events, whatever

as you said, her team seems to be bit over-thinking on her schedule, but that won't necessarily translate into a good tournament run as they wish

if she loses in the first round, then move on, no big deal.

with Ana's game-level we saw over the past several months, the ONLY bad decision is to play a tournament when she's not healthy

(I'm not concerned with Ana's capability to carry the No1 JUNIOR ranking atm :lol:)

#1,882 ·
So just win some 100k, piece of cake for a girl that never even played anything over 15k tournaments. We're taking here about winning this and that and don't even know if her shoulder injury is a thing of the past or not. I'm more worried about that than her current results, 'cause with her talent results will come sooner or later if she stays healthy.

#1,885 ·
I wonder how injured she is? Because if it's been an ongoing issue, then a few weeks of rest won't help in the long term. Didn't her sister quit tennis because of injuries?
There's quite some time left before RG, hopefully (if she's healthy of course) she plays a small event on clay, preferably senior, but what they think is best for her :)

#1,888 ·
She said on her itf blog that she will consult doctor

"nfortunately I struggled with an arm injury in Bath this month and I’ve had to take a break. I’ve had the problem for almost two years now and I didn’t sort it before but I’m trying to fix it now. I’m seeing some doctors this week so we will see what they say. It’s a shoulder injury, but it affects my biceps and triceps down my arm. I don’t know when I’ll be back on court yet, it depends what the doctors think." http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/news/articles/ana-konjuh-blog-ups-and-downs.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.