Tennis Forum banner

Sunday report

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  DutchieGirl 
#1 ·
I went to the tennis on Sunday. I started off at the match Cirstea-Harkleroad. Sorana started off really bad. She won 1 point in the first 2 games. She started to find some rhythm then, and Ashely got a bad call to drop serve mid set, and threw a little tanty on court, yelling at the umpire, and then talking to the linesperson who made the "out" call. I watched until the end of the first set, then went over to centre court to watch the end of the second set of Dokic-Shvedova. Well I actually went to get a couple of pics for people on the board (don't ever say I'm not nice :p ). Okic was up 6-3 and it was half way through the second (don't remember the score exactly). But when I got there she just broke Yari. She then had much troubling holding her serve the next game - missing ALOT of first serves, but hitting the ball with alot of power. She did hit quite a few UEs too, but to be fair, it was damn windy that day! Oh and... she needs to get new pants to wear under her dress - after every point she was picking her ass! :help:

Then I went to go say hi to Kirstin - who posts here occasionally, and she runs the transport at the tourney. We had a bit of a chat. :D

Then I went to watch Morigami-Vesnina. Both were having ALOT of trouble with the wind. It was sooooooooooo bad. It wasn't a pretty match, but when it's that windy it's kinda hard to just keep the ball in play, let alone hit a winner. Vesnina seemed to cope a little better with the wind, and pulled it out in the end.

I also saw the end of Gallovits-Salerni. Salerni was playing horribly. Gallovits just got the balls back - and she did hit a few nice shots too. Sorana was there cheering for Edina, as Edina and Raluca were for Sorana. :)

Next was doubles: But as it hadn't started yet, I managed to get a few pics of Maria K (fence included :( ) training before the doubles. So: Voracova/Hradecka - Harkleroad/Kudryavtseva. First set was quite easy for the Czech girls, but after that it got alot tighter, they made some more mistakes, and Ashley & Alla played a bit better. But in the super tiebreak, the Czechs got ahead, and didn't look back. Lucie was getting mad at herself in the second set though. She was missing some shots she should have been making.

Lastly was another doubles: Mostly for Linda, coz she wanted pics of Pennetta. So it was Pennetta/Salerni against Govortsova/Rodionova (the bearable one - Arina ;) ). Flavia played very well and was making some really good volleys. Gov/Rod weren't playing so well, and made quote a few volley errors. Salerni wasn't playing brilliant, but better than her singles match anyway. ;)

I headed over to the transport area to say bye to Kirstin, but she was out getting dinner, so I stuck around and talked to some of the drivers. Players party was again a boat trip (Auckland had one too :lol: ), Wlodarczak was popping in - she had booked her flight to Melb for today, but wasn't sure if she'd get into dubs as a LL. Sania came in to book a car and was asking the score in the cricket. She asked who was in, and I told her Kumble, and she groaned, and asked who else. When I said Dhoni, she didn't seem to thrilled either. :lol: Then she was asking how much longer in the match (was just over an hour left). Anna Lapuschenkova and her Mum came in to book transport for today too...actually, I saw her at the match of Shvedova. I saw her from the back at first, and I thought it was Chaky until I realised a. the hair is too short and b. Chaky isn't playing Hobart this year. But they have really similar hair! I also saw her and her mum at brekky this morning at the hotel. The lady on the desk asked their name, and her mum wrote it for her! :lol: Maybe we have another Dementieva family coming... ;) Oh, that reminds me, I saw on Sunday morning, Eleni and Jasmin having brekky together at the hotel, and on Saturday night when I went to reception to ask about the internet, Kirilenko was having a conversation in Russian to someone on one of the phones at reception. :) She gave me a funny look when she saw me - perhaps she recognised me from Auckland, coz she did see me there.

I think that's all I had to tell...I'll probably think of something else later. ;)

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.