Tennis Forum banner

Pentathlon FEDCUP 2013 --- Commit teams!

9K views 92 replies 25 participants last post by  Allyson75 
#1 · (Edited)
Tennis Pentathlon FEDCUP 2013

This is a game where you pick during a whole tournament and cannot be out after having a bad day.

Despite the name the game is very simple. Game manager puts OOP every day.You only have to follow a few steps.

Step 1. – Pick winners and set rates for all matches (exactly the same as in TT).
Step 2. – Move up and down the matches int he OOP. Most possible good picks should be top, risky ones should be down.
Step 3. (Optional) – Read the scoring rules for WAR subevent. That subevent might need a bit of strategy (you can have a separate set of picks for WAR subevent)

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Disciplines

Discipline I. – TC
2 point for each correct picks, additional 1 for correct SR

Discipline II. – WAR (Worth A Risky Pick?)
You get points according to how many picked the loser in that match

Discipline III. - Sequence
If first row of your pick is a winner (but the second is not) you got 11*11 point.
If the first two rows of your pick are winners (but the third is not) you got 12*12 points.
If the first three rows of your pick are winners (but the fourth is not) you got 13*13 points. Etc…

Discipline IV. – PRO
First row of your pick has a 16 multiplier, second row has 15, third 14 etc. If your pick on the row is a winner with correct set rate your score is doubled.

Discipline V. – FO
30 points for each correct Wednesday matches
40 points for each correct Thursday matches
50 points for each correct Friday matches
80 points for each correct Saturday matches
100 points for each correct Sunday matches

Scoring example here (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=458046)

#3 · (Edited)
Beginner's guide:

Can I be in, please. I'm still fuzzy on exactly how the game is played, though. :help:
- You send your picks like TT, with set ratios (2-0 or 2-1), but in the order you are most confident of winning. So if Serena plays she's probably your top pick, and if two equal-ranked scrubs play each other that's likely the bottom pick.

Thanks, and how exactly does WAR work??
- If your pick is correct, you get points according to how many picked the loser in that match. So if you picked Serena in WAR you would get 0 or 1 points, while picking Razzano could yield 20 points. Therefore you may want to be slightly more adventurous with your WAR picks as the potential payout is large.

#4 · (Edited)
Order Of Play

Sunday OOP

Kirilenko vs Cibulkova
Pavlyuchenkova vs Hantuchova
Kerber vs Ivanovic
Barthel vs Jovanovski
Voegele vs Gajdosova
Oprandi vs Stosur
Suarez Navarro vs Morita
Soler-Espinosa vs Doi
Errani vs Kvitova
Vinci vs Safarova
Williams vs Arvidsson
Stephens vs Larsson
Flipkens vs A.Radwanska
Van Uytvanck vs U.Radwanska
Bartoli vs Shvedova
Cornet vs Voskoboeva
Molinero vs Konta
Ormaechea vs Robson
Tsurenko vs Bouchard
Svitolina vs Fichman

(You may have a separate set of picks for WAR)
(SEND LAST NAMES ONLY PLEASE)

#8 ·
As from 2014 Penta FEDCUP will follow the structure of the real one. 8 teams World Group, 8 teams Group I etc. (And actually as from now)
February 8 teams--> 4 teams
April --> To the final
November --> Final , Relegation match (1 relegated)

Teams consists of 3 players playing head to head matches.

#10 ·
As for now the first 4 teams (based on rankings) will play for the final, remaining teams will play for 5-8 places.
(I would prefer if you would pick a country. No change during the season)

#13 ·
Just as an example
Greece (Hakon,Marios,xxx) vs Israel (Roni, Randy,yyy)
Hakon vs Roni
Marios vs Randy
xxx vs yyy

3 individual matches, the team which wins 2 proceed to the next round, losers play for 3rd place (in november)
You do exactly the same as in normal tourney, you send your picks from Wednesday till Sunday.

#15 ·
Just as an example
Greece (Hakon,Mario,xxx) vs Israel (Roni, Randy,yyy)
Hakon vs Roni
Marios vs Randys
xxx vs yyy

3 individual matches, the team which wins 2 proceed to the next round, losers play for 3rd place (in november)
You do exactly the same as in normal tourney, you send your picks from Wednesday till Sunday.
Can I be xxx in Greece team with Hakon and Marios?

#26 ·
1. I would also like to play, so if somebody want me ...
2. This is a three weeks exercise a year, so you can afford this even if you dont play (or dont wanna play) penta regularly. Please convince your friends.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.