Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

305K views 5K replies 156 participants last post by  James 
#1 ·
Time for a new volume!

#3,234 ·
Dear I just know you'll be pissed with Martha's choice of neglecting the Vanity Fair party :lol:

I just wanted to let everyone know that University College London is giving me an admissions offer. :cheer:

After years of dreaming about studying in London it's finally happening. :sobbing:
Great job Ogi, many congratulations. Make sure you really study there and watch your spending, I heard London is crazy expensive.
And mad props for your cyan blue atrocity, that made my day :lol:

#3,211 · (Edited)
Starting a tournament thread

On Feb 26 - 6 days before the tournament started - I initiated a thread for Indian Wells - As usual I got a lot of protests since some members of this forum seem to think that they can invent forum rules or some justice system of their own - Reasons like You've already done the Brisbane thread - or Many others stand in line to make a tournament thread have no valid at all - Any first tournament thread posted in a reasonable time before the tournament starts is the thread which we all - and without protests - should respect - There are no forum rules which forces a member to stand back from posting a tournament thread - No rules which give one member priority over an other in making tournament threads and there exists no specific rules or a list about who's in line to make a specific tournament thread - First come first serve! - I really hope that we all can agree to this and we can avoid to get at each others throats because of a misunderstanding that some have more right than others to make a tournament thread and that we won't see confusing "competing" threads about the same event in the future

#3,212 ·
It's not a forum rule, but it's a community rule. I've not been around here for that long, and I've never started a tournament thread, but I know that the way it works is that if you want to start a thread for a tournament, you let the community know before hand, see if anyone else wanted to have it for a particular reason, and then if not, go ahead. That way the community can together come to a decision, and forum members each get the chance to start threads, if they so wish. It's a much better way to do it than you just taking everyone by surprise and starting a thread for a tournament that someone else had already 'claimed'. It's part of being in this community, and if you want to be a part of that, you should accept it.

#3,213 · (Edited)
There exist no rules in that department - The moderator of the Siberian Siren community has made that perfectly clear by merging the 2 IW threads together and by prioritizing the one which was initiated first - It should be no surprise to anyone if someone - say a week before a tournament starts - initiates a thread about the event - I also don't understand the big deal about this issue - Does it for some unknown reason make the thread initiator more loved or appreciated on this forum or does she/he maybe get a pat on the shoulder by Masha herself? - What? - Do explain - A thread about an event here at the Siberian Siren is just started by whom ever so that other members can comment on Maria Sharapova's whereabouts in the tournament - That is the main thing - not who has initiated it - nothing special about that at all and not worth all the hassle and protests to get a thread dismissed

This post has been deleted
#3,216 ·
Nobody would care if this poster didn't just pop up for the sole reason of starting tournament threads :lol:

But anyway, it's over. Not a big deal

#3,217 ·
Do you really think that I wake up some morning and think - lemme pop up @ Siberian Siren to make a thread and annoy the rest of the members? - Come on!! - You should know better - As I said - all you had to do was asked in a nice way and if it really was so important to you I would have deleted my thread - I however don't respond well when someone demands me to delete my thread based on self invented rules

#3,219 ·
I don't understand why you would have brought the drama up in here when it has already been resolved.
You know how supersticious some fans are, even you yourself are as I distinctly recall you going on and on about the 'cosmic pattern' and how Slams don't come for Maria on odd years. There have been several tournaments threads that you have opened where Maria has flopped horrendously or withdrawn injured, that's what people originally complained about, and what you continue to bitch about in tournament threads started by others when Maria loses.

The simple fact is, people like to open tournament threads, they like to put their own spin on the tournament threads, have a funny idea for one etc, that's why they normally mention it. Don't come all up in here acting like you're better than the ones complaining about you, when if you gave no fucks you wouldn't do it in the first place. You only do it because you know you are annoying several posters. Also, it doesn't help your case that your OPs are normally dog shit.

*smiles*

#3,228 ·
What is the matter with you people? - Why are y'all getting so upset and angry for something I consider is the most normal thing in the world? - The thread which is initiated first is the one which applies - That's the simple rule - It's not like I'm waiting in the start blocks to make a thread every time? - sheesh -
Also what makes you think that I "look at other posters as dogshit on the pavement"? - I try to be reasonable here but all I get is a lot of emotional and hateful comments and insults
Note that I've replied every idiotic comment addressed to me in a polite way - even yours - :lol:

#3,239 ·
That phantomplayer poster is so pressed and obsessed with Maria that it is fucking annoying :eek: Every post of him in the Vika's withdrawal thread related to Maria's seeding is exactly the same thing :facepalm:
I called him off for the first time yesterday and he decided to keep the argument going saying how he really wanted Maria to lose early at Miami because "she does not deserve to be the #4 seed but Halep does" like give me a fucking a break. The Miami seedings in the WTA have always been done that way and not like the ATP. Yet, he kept repeating the same shit over and over again and MiffedMax his posts and my responses to him. :oh: He also kept saying the same thing in more than one thread, too. :eek:

Today he decided to start some shit up on my result thread of Li VS Cibulkova and he went off on a poster who was apparently against Serena when he didn't even said anything negative about her. :weirdo: I called him off again, along with two other posters who said his posts didn't make any sense and he didn't respond this time around. :lol:

#3,236 ·
Thanks everyone, and Mark: :lol: as if I need told.

Also, gym is very hard, does anyone else feel my pain?
Especially cardio, cross trainers are fucking death, lifting is actually the easiest bit. And the diet, good lord if have to eat quinoa for much longer. :crying2:

#3,237 ·
:lol: gym isn't THAT hard. I find the easiest thing is those bikes, but then I kinda had muscle in my legs before I joined the gym, where as my upper body is where there's none so...I also like cardio and find it easier than lifting heavier weights :tears:

Shoulder presses. Oh lawdy Jesus just stab me instead.:sobbing:

#3,240 ·
I wanted to gauge my eyes out watching both women's quarter finals today. Flavia/Sloane :hysteric:

Anyway, I'm having a wonderful time at Indian Wells (despite a certain absence :hysteric:) and I hope everyone's having a great week :yeah::cheer:

#3,242 ·
^ oh madison, you always deliver!

was waiting for you reaction to that "... my priorities changed" bullcrap.

im more bitter about her not showing up to defend her vanity fair title. than her most recent failure to defend a less prestigious title.

i mean serena walked in wearing a fucking tennis court surface!!!
and there i was thinking carpet was sooo 2007. had she shown up wearing plexicushion, DecoTurf or even grass she would've made an impression. just never wear clay cos that's just funny.

#3,243 ·
Sounds like somebody needs to get laid...

then again I'm not surprised it can't get any, finding a demographic that's interested in whatever it likes to represent itself as nowadays must be quite the challenge.

good luck with your quest to get dicked sis.

#3,362 ·

Why do not you keep your drag queen persona to that Grindr thread? It is already painful/sad enough to see you trying to sound like a sexually-liberated 12-year-old girl whose idol is Miley Curus there so spare us at least around here.

who is this 40yo granny? :confused:

Somebody with same degree of brain capacity as yours.

Do not make me spill the tea of truth on you, Pieter. I have grown to not dislike you so it would sadden me if I have to unleash hell on Earth for you.

Obviously, I am not gonna be as mean as that racist queen and bring up that accident where you were inquiring how anal feels. Firstly, you already know from first-hand experience plus it is gonna be so inappropriate even if you are almost 19.

Who is clueless to blindly attack?

Oops.

Wtf has happened to this place?

You + Lynchpova + Flopova(I feel like I should say sorry but I am not gonna) + other deranged individuals infiltrating our coven.

Feel like I haven't been around in ages... what's new in the world of SS?
Same old, same old. Self-proclaimed heteros becoming raging homos.

Hey I gotta make it seem like I'm actually doing something once in a while.
Self-ban is gonna be the ultimate evidence of doing something.

hi guys
i'm a sharapova djokovic fan , i need a lovely combination of the both names to get a GOAT name pleaze :worship:
Any suggestions ??
but,but i don't like it :crying2:
Some many pests in here.

#3,249 ·
I definitely do not have "short term memory loss" when it comes to problems. If one thing goes wrong, well my whole fucking day is ruined. It seems impossible for me to move on to the next thing without finishing the current.

Why does a single bad thing outweigh all the good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.