Tennis Forum banner

Heather's Cheering Thread

255K views 3K replies 195 participants last post by  guichard 
#1 ·
After winning her second round match at the junior aussie open i think its about time heather deserves her own thread. She won her first grade 1 title in 2008 at Yucatan, Mexico and reached the final of the prestigous eddie herr junior tournament.:) Good luck against Miyabi Inoue heather :D:D

#1,289 ·
Re: Heather Watson

Nah she's just doing what young people do. It was a few days before her first round match so it wouldn't have affected her performance. If she didn't allow herself a bit of fun and was purely focused on tennis I think she (and the rest f the tour) would go insane.

#1,290 ·

Do these WTA girls have minders to chaperone them around during tournaments? There are a number of mandatory media events that will be full of WTA & Sponsor's officials but what happens when they are let loose on the town?

With so many single, good looking and athletic young women letting their hair down, there must be lots of opportunities to bring 'publicity' of all kinds to the tour.

#1,292 ·

For the record, Heather posted this: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...9916078930.184557.172185078930&type=1&theater
I had to do some blood tests after Miami and the results have shown that I have traces of Glandular Fever (mono) in my system. There is no prescription for this other than complete rest but the good news is that the doctors have told me I am on the tail end of the fever. This means I have been trying to compete through the symtoms for some time. I have been struggling with both training and playing matches and felt so tired and exhausted for months but now that the doctors have found the cause of this, it explains everything that has been happening to me physically and mentally. I am actually relieved to know what is wrong so that I can get myself on the mend.

I hope to recover as soon as possible by resting my body and getting lots of sleep. I already feel better from being at home for a week, and am looking forward to getting back on Tour soon!

#1,295 ·

Poor hev... explains a lot of things. Hope she rests up she shouldn't bother with fed cup. You can't take mono lightly gotta make sure it's properly gone before she tries to come back. Puts her 3hr epic matches recently into perspective. Imagine how good her fitness is when she doesn't have mono?!

#1,308 ·

She's got 2R points to defend at the French! :sad:
+ Qualifying :(

But yeah, now she's out of Rome too, I can see her not playing until Birmingham and just cancelling out the entirety of the clay court season. Hope she is feeling better. And on the bright side, the first half of the year for her next year (Excluding Aussie) will be a window of opportunity.

#1,310 ·

Hev out of Strasbourg according to Spiceboy, Mike Dickinson (DM) tweeted she was a hoping to make Strasbourg but a definite for RG. Obviously not quite fit enough for next week, pity would have been nice to get match practice before the French. Nice to have Hev back tho!