Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allez Mandy Minella!

345K views 5K replies 62 participants last post by  James 
#1 ·
:hearts:

Hope she can keep going on with that confidence from Bad Gastein.

I think It was time that she got her own thread apart from Luxembourg tennis.

#486 ·
Re: ALLEZ Mandy Minella!

I don't know if you are interested in the nitty gritty stats of a tennis match, but here are some from yesterdays match:

Mandy Minella - Arantxa Parra Santonja, Score: 2-6 6-3 6-2

Date 13.02.13
Match time 1:26'

SERVICE
Total services: 63 - 69
1st service: 63% - 35%
Aces: 3 - 2
1st services in: 37 - 22
2nd services in: 23 - 35
Double faults: 0 - 10

POINTS (F=Forehand; B=Backhand)
Total points won: 69 - 63
Winners: 13 (B1-F9) – 14 (B4-F8)
Unforced errors: 33(B20-F13)- 42(B11–F21)
Unreturned services: 14(B7 – F7) – 12(B5–F7)
Forced errors: 16 (B9–F7)- 14(B7–F7)
Aggressive margin: -6 - -12

CONVERSION
1st service pts won: 65% - 71%
2nd service pts won: 48% - 57%
Receiving pts won: 46% - 41%
Net points: 7/8 - 4/5
Break points: 6/7 - 4/7

WON RALLIES
Average: 00'05 - 00'04
Longest: 00'55 - 00'23
0''>3'': 14 - 12
0''>10'': 35 - 37
10''>20'': 5 - 8
>20'': 3 - 1

GROUND STROKE
Winners: 7(B0-F7) – 9(B4-F5)
Forced errors: 15(B8-F7) – 14(B7-F7)
Unforced errors: 32(B19-F13) – 32(B11-F21)

VOLLEY
Winners: 2(B1-F1) – 2(B0-F2)
Forced errors: 1(B1-F0) - 0
Unforced errors: 0 - 0

RETURN
Unreturned services: 14(B7-F7) – 12(B5-F7)

DROP-SHOT
Winners: 0 - 0
Forced errors: 0 - 0

SMASH
Winners: 1(B0-F1) – 1(B0-F1)

LOB
Winners: 0 - 0
Unforced errors: 1(B1-F0) - 0

There is a lot more stats including point by point, set by set, that I am not going to post here. The post would be a mile long.

Shot placement, which is the really interesting information, is unfortunately only available on Hawk-Eye courts.

The real turning point between set 1 and 2,3 is the massive drop in APS service performance and Mandy getting the upperhand in the short rallies.

#498 ·

Hey @ TheFramer, where did you find those stats? :p
I have access to statistical databases and are able to pull match stats from almost every ATP, WTA and ITF match played, and some other sports(Golf, Football etc.). Many lower ranked matches are not covered.

Players playing on Hawk-Eye covered courts get a DVD containing their Hawk-Eye stats. They are really interesting if you are a coach or just the average analysis freak.

#493 ·

Article on Mandy from WTA

MINELLA AVOIDS SHOCK IN CALI
No.1 seed Mandy Minella rallied from a set down to defeat Arantxa Parra Santonja and reach the second round in Cali.
Published Feburary 12, 2013 11:43

Mandy Minella
CALI, Colombia - When top seed Mandy Minella touched down in Cali on Saturday she was greeted by the tremors of the 6.9 magnitude earthquake that struck southwest Colombia.

And for an hour or so on Tuesday, Arantxa Parra Santonja, Minella's first round opponent at the Copa Bionaire, threatened to create her own shockwaves. Having rattled through the opening set, Parra Santonja built a 3-2 lead in the second to move within touching distance of a place in the last 16.

The Spaniard, who reached a career-high ranking of No.46 back in 2010, spent much of last season plying her trade on the ITF Circuit, and with the finishing line in sight she faltered, allowing Minella to reel off the next four games to force a decider.

Minella, who - under the tournament's previous guise as an ITF event - finished as runner-up at the Club Campestre de Cali 12 months ago, carried this momentum with her to break serve midway through the third set en route to a 26 63 62 win.

"It was a very tough start in the first set," Minella said. "I couldn't play my game and Arantxa was playing very well.

"I was happy that I could change it and get better in the second and third sets and hopefully I can play better in my next match because I love it here and want to have another good run!"

While Minella was forced to dig deep for her place in the second round, there were no such troubles for fellow seeds Lara Arruabarrena-Vecino and Alexandra Panova.

Panova, the No.4 seed this week, defeated qualifier Masa Zec-Peskiric, 63 62, with No.2 seed Arruabarrena-Vecino even more impressive in swatting aside Chiara Scholl, 62 60, in little over an hour.

Elsewhere there were opening round wins for Sharon Fichman, who upset No.8 seed Tatjana Malek, 62 60, Julia Cohen, Sesil Karatantcheva, Estrella Cabeza Candela, Eugenie Bouchard and Colombian wildcard Catalina Castaño.

#496 ·

Mandy Minella
February 6
I will be leaving tomorrow for Cali,Bogota,Acapulco,Indian Wells,Miami and Charleston.My luggage has got some extra weight but i m really excited to leave,have a good time and a lots of matches.:)

Mandy Minella
Tuesday
I will play my first match tomorrow against Arantxa Parra Santonja here in Cali.lets go!!

Mandy Minella
Yesterday
hi,i got through to the second round here in Cali,struggeling in the first set with the altitude,but found my game step by step.Happy to play doubles tomorrow with Elina Svitolina against Arruabarena/Torro Flor.
Next singles match will be on thursday.
Ready to go to bed and have a long night of sleep.good night :)

:bounce: Yay shes going to play in USA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.