Tennis Forum banner

Olympic Champion! - Belinda Benčič Cheering Thread

339K views 4K replies 175 participants last post by  vodnar 
#1 · (Edited)
Name: Belinda Bencic
Date of Birth: 10. 03. 1997

:cheer:
She is 13 and coached by Martina's mother. :)
Since this Monday, she is ranked #3 in the European U14 ranking :hearts:

See less See more
Reactions: Sombrerero loco
#691 ·
Re: Welcome to BEL AIR - Belinda Benčič Cheering Thread

Junior G1 Santa Croce

R2: [1]Belinda Bencic vs. Jasmine Paolini :cheer:

#693 ·

Bencic def. Paolini 6-3, 6-3
Too close if you ask me :scared:

#699 ·

International Junior Tournament "Citta' Di Santa Croce", Santa Croce Sull'Arno, Italy, G1

SF: (1)Belinda Bencic (SUI) df. (4)Darya Kasatkina (RUS) 7-5 5-7 6-2
F: (1)Belinda Bencic (SUI) df. (6)Veronika Kudermetova (RUS) 7-6(5) 6-1

---

Congrats Belinda on the first title of the year :yeah:

I watched the final. Belinda was patchy in the first set but played a lot better in the second. Her serve has improved a lot to be honest :shrug: It used to be average but now it's actually somewhat of a weapon. I still don't really like the technique :p

She plays GA Trofeo Bonfiglio next week as the top seed.

#700 ·
International Junior Tournament "Citta' Di Santa Croce", Santa Croce Sull'Arno, Italy, G1

SF: (1)Belinda Bencic (SUI) df. (4)Darya Kasatkina (RUS) 7-5 5-7 6-2
F: (1)Belinda Bencic (SUI) df. (6)Veronika Kudermetova (RUS) 7-6(5) 6-1

---

Congrats Belinda on the first title of the year :yeah:

I watched the final. Belinda was patchy in the first set but played a lot better in the second. Her serve has improved a lot to be honest :shrug: It used to be average but now it's actually somewhat of a weapon. I still don't really like the technique :p

She plays GA Trofeo Bonfiglio next week as the top seed.
Second seed. ;)

I agree about her serve. When I saw matches of hers last year it seemed like she really had a weak serve that she just pushed in the box. But now she can get some nice pop and uses it to set up her points. She already has the hands and racket skills to succeed on the pro tour, just need to keep working on the serve and improving her defensive skills and she'll be top 100 in a couple years I think.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

#703 ·

http://www.swisstennis.ch/?rub=1&id=131620

Bencic brilliert in Italien

19. Juni 2013, 20:00
Belinda Bencic gewinnt das stark besetzte Juniorenturnier in Santa Croce und verliert nur einen Satz.

Glänzend in Form: Belinda Bencic.

Als Nummer 1 gesetzt, wird Belinda Bencic am Juniorenturnier der höchsten Kategorie in Italien ihrer Favoritenrolle eindrücklich gerecht. Die 16-jährige Wollerauerin zeigte sich vom ersten Einsatz an topfit. Ohne Satzverlust spielte sie sich in den Halbfinal. Dort lieferte sie sich mit der als Nummer 4 gesetzten Russin Darya Kasatkina ein hochstehendes Duell über die volle Distanz. Bencic bewies jedoch den längeren Atem und setzte sich dank eines starken dritten Satzes 7:5, 5:7, 6:2 durch.

Im Final schaffte sie dann die Differenz bereits im Startsatz. Die Russin Veronika Kudermetova, als Nummer 6 gesetzt, hielt bis zum Tie-Break mit. Nachdem Bencic dieses jedoch 7:5 gewonnen hatte, war sie nicht mehr zu stoppen. Dank eines 7:6, 6:1 konnte sich die Schweizerin als hochverdiente Turniersiegerin feiern lassen.

#706 ·

Belinda could rise up to #2 in the junior rankings after Trofeo Bonfiglio Milan.
Siniakova (#2) will lose 250 points, she is not playing this year which leaves her at 1000.
Lottner (#3) will lose 180 points, she is the number one seed this year. She will have at least 763.
Belinda (#4) needs at least a semi-final to improve her total. Singles SF would put her to 887, RU to 947, W to 1017. She could also snatch some bonus points, too.
If she wins the singles event, Belinda will be ranked #2 for sure :)

#707 ·

R3: (2)Belinda Bencic (SUI) d. (13)Victoria Rodriguez (MEX) 60 62 :hearts:
Top seed Lottner lost, so Belinda has a good chance to become world #2 :)

#711 ·

She reached the final because her opponent arrived too late :help: :haha:

#713 ·

Congrats Belinda. Up to #2 :hearts:
Now win Roland Garros please :cheer:

#720 ·

Roland Garros Juniors

R1: [2]Belinda Bencic vs. Alice Mateucci
R2 vs. Routliffe/Ferro