Tennis Forum banner

Indy de Vroome

127K views 1K replies 62 participants last post by  Nicky91 
#1 · (Edited)
I think she really deserves a thread as promising star.

She's only 14 years old, and this week she made her debut at the Dutch Masters defeating Angelique van der Meet (#391). At the ITF Junior ranking she is ranked #56. Very impressive for a 14 year old.

Her ITF Juniors profile: http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/players/activity.asp?player=100125218

#564 · (Edited)
Such a shame :sad: :hug:

Indy, her manager and Wim made agreements to work together this year after a few months trial run at the end of last year. So obviously Indy felt good about Wim as her coach.

But something better came up for him I guess :shrug: Halep had a great year last year and just entered the top 10, so that's a nice challenge for him (and probably a bit more $$ as well).

Hopefully Indy can find a new, good coach soon who can help her take that next step (and work on her serve/DF :oh:)

BTW I heard Thomas Hogsted is available :oh:

#566 ·
Playing 25k Kreuzlingen this week. 1st tournament of the season.

def Dentoni in R1 6-2 6-4 :)

Against 3rd seed Birnerova or Q Krejsova in R2.

She can't play that many tournaments in the next couple of months. So it's nice to see her win here.
Needs to carefully schedule her tournaments.

EDIT: just checked the match statistics. 9 aces and 4 DF for her, which is good.
Only faced 1 BP, but saved it.

#568 ·
On the EL of tournaments in the week of 3rd of March. P1 is Irapuato.
She loves playing in Mexico :oh: :lol:

Reactions: NEKØ
#575 ·
Indy def Jovana Jaksic in the QF, 6-2 6-4 :)
Nice win :yeah:

SF against Chieh-Yu Hsu. GL Indy :cheer:

#579 ·
Vulture :oh: :lol:

Nice straight sets win :)

Never heard of Naomi Osaka tbh, but I see she has defeated Bencic last year and lost in a close match to Govortsova a couple of weeks ago. She is just 16 years old and could be a promising player.

Good luck in the final Indy :cheer:

#581 ·
Indy won the doubles title with Denise Muresan by defeating no. 1 seeds Khromacheva/Zaja 6-4 5-7 [10-7]. :cheer:

She also just won the second set in the singles final against Osaka by breaking Osaka in the tenth game of the set.
Standings now: 3-6 6-4 0-0 with Indy to serve.

#582 ·
She won the title F: (6)Indy de Vroome (NED) d. Naomi Osaka (JPN) 36 64 61

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.