Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharapova :I want to be a movie star.

27K views 275 replies 84 participants last post by  bandabou 
#1 ·
Maria Sharapova wants to blast in Hollywood film

NEW DELHI: On her recent visit to India, World No 2 tennis ace Maria Sharapova not only expressed her desire to play a live match in India for her fans here, but also revealed a number of things that she wants to do in life. But, the most exciting thing on her wish list was her desire to act in a Hollywood film, someday. “Right now, too many things are happening in life. I’m tied up with my matches, brand associations and several other commitments. But someday, given an opportunity I would love to act in a Hollywood movie,” said the 25-year-old, who’s done several modelling assignments in the past, including a swimsuit spread for a sports magazine in 2006.

In India for the first time, the 6 ft 2 inches Russian beauty, who broke up with her boyfriend, basketball player Sasha Vujacic this year, looked visually excited, as she looked forward to some souvenir shopping in Delhi’s local markets. “Christmas is coming, so my friends would be happy to get some gifts. I would also like to buy some Indian wear if time permits,” said Sharapova, who was in the Capital as the brand ambassador of a UK-based real estate firm, Homestead, to announce their upcoming project in India.

Talking about her arch rival, Serena Williams, Sharapova, who had a short career setback post her shoulder injury, but managed to win the French Open this year followed by a silver medal in the Olympics, said that she doesn’t mind having a tough rival as it makes competition better. “It’s good for the game,” she said adding, “We moved to US from Russia at a very young age, so that I could play tennis better as opportunities were more in the US. Also, not many tennis players have a shoulder surgery at 21, like I did. But I have bounced back and will surely be world No 1 again one day.”

http://www.lhrtimes.com/2012/11/18/maria-sharapova-wants-to-blast-in-hollywood-film/

Looks like she follows Serena everywhere. :oh:

See less See more
#41 ·
She should take acting lessons from GOAT "I was really trying hard out there" ExhoRena.

#46 ·
Or Vesnina. :oh:

#44 ·
A classic!

I think she should star in this one:

opposite:

#69 ·
I love Maria but I doubt she'll ever be a serious actress lol. I guess she can have small parts where she plays herself or an athlete. It's good that she has other dreams tho :)

#72 ·
Based on her Wilson commercials, methinks she should keep dreaming. Being pretty doesn't make you an actress -- or else 50% of the girls at my university would make better actresses than her anyway.

And Serena sucks hard at acting too. Sometimes people should just stick to what they're good at.

#76 ·
Oh dear. :tape:

#82 ·
I could see Sharapova in a thriller or crime drama. Hollywood bosses are always in need of a tall blond character that would play some stereotypical bad girl or alien-with-an-accent role.

In any case we can be rest assured that Pova won't be in a musical any time soon.

#98 ·
OMG. You people need to recognize true greatness.

#114 ·
I know! Why is a Toronto girl like Carling wearing an Expos cap?

Why would anyone wear an Expos cap?

It's both confusing and mysterious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.