Tennis Forum banner

***~Tennis Romania~***

26K views 174 replies 32 participants last post by  Nightcrawl3r 
#1 ·
Hello to every fan of Romanian tennis!
I'm a new member in this forum, I am Daniela so that you know :) and I'm from Romania - amazing country with many rising tennis players!
I saw that there's no subforum for Romanian players which is a shame :sad: but lots of topics for our girls... Which is really nice but I thought maybe it's also nice to make a thread where can we cheer for all the Romanian girls. I'm going to try to post some informations about Romanian girls as they come and I will also put results as much as possibly I can.
I hope you'll join me here any other Romanian people on the forum or other people who is fan of Romanian tennis :D
Greetings,
Daniela

#79 ·
It surely did . We used to have more players in quallies in the past . For Grand Slams :

The record for women in MD is 6 in Singles + 1 (different) in Doubles [=7] (overall, not separate for Doubles) .

The record for both men and women is 6 + 2 in MD singles . And 6+2+2* (different) in Singles and Doubles .

Source : Me.

#84 ·
^ I may misinterpret your tone, but seems a bit sarcastic. Does it feel that me or Curcubeu (thanks for the link btw) are overreacting on this?

Can it be that it's happening so often because it's in our mentality to accept it so easily? I know we might not have the resources to find immediate solutions, but I feel at least acknowledging the recurring issue might be a first step towards finding some workable solutions one day.

#85 ·
No sarcasm whatsoever.

And yes, mental collapses (which basically translates into 'choking' in more TF appropriate terms) happen so often in Tennis Romania that it gets treated more like a joke. Now, I'm not saying this problem is in any way exclusive to romanian players, not by a long shot, but the likes of Cirstea, Niculescu, Cadantu or Begu have to be at the top of any list on this subject. Idk what a workable solution could be, just probably starting to work on this aspect from a young age, but following a bit of the juniors side, I'm pretty confident the choker "gene" will live on in Tennis Romania :cheer:

#86 ·
Well, if our girls didn't brighten our days with any notable win at Wimbledon this year, at least the boys are pulling something: both Florin & Horia qualified in the Semis in doubles, facing each other, so we'll have 1 Romanian in the final. Let's hope he wins. :)

#88 ·
Chiar daca m-am inselat ultima oara, poate in off-topic Romanian chat thread ar avea mai mult "succes" postarea.

Anyway, doubles is not that popular. I think Romania is on of the countries where it's the most popular, if not THE country.

Great performance from Mergea. Hope he wins on Thursday and why not, the final too :) . Such wasted talent. Could have been the 2nd best Romanian off all time in Singles no doubt. But the past is the past :( .

About girls : What more could you ask from Niculescu (exceeded the expectations), Begu (confirmed, if not more) , injured Alexandra and even Mitu who played 1 grass match (and you see what results Govortsova pulled anyway). Halep had a disappointing result, Yes ,but Tennis doesn't mean only Halep (except for the ones who woke up In the last period by the excessive media coverage , thinking it's "cool" to watch and then bash without understanding a bit, manipulated by the same media :facepalm: ) .So it was good -> very good overall.

EDIT : And if we're here : Nice article about what the Romanian from Wimbledon think about grass and their first memories : http://www.gsp.ro/sporturi/tenis/co...e-ale-jucatorilor-de-la-wimbledon-453272.html :)

#89 ·
Fantastic from Mergea today (and I'm a Bryans fan). off-topic don't know why Ungur didn't try to qualify in Todi or Padova given he wasn't in the entry-list. He's into San Benedetto at least...

ps are you on twitter Nightcrawler?

#90 ·
Top 200 players usually don't play Challenger qualies. He would have gotten in Todi. He was Alt only in Braunschweig. Didn't get in.

Maybe he wanted to spend more time with the family as he became a father around Padova :shrug: .

I am on Twitter but more of a "stalker", just to follow stuff. I quite rarely use it. :p

#91 ·
Yea I thought given the slump he should really make the best of these clay tourneys even if he's to go through qualies, I had forgotten tho that he had just become father! tnx