Tennis Forum banner

1998-2001 (Higuchi, Chen, Day, McKenzie, Desiatnikov, etc.) Support Thread

47K views 317 replies 27 participants last post by  Sobachka 
#1 ·
Instead of creating individual threads for the best of our next crop of players I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread to post the results of all of our girls born between '98 and '01. McCarthy was born in '97 but it is very late in December and she doesn't have a thread of her own.

Liu, Desiatnikov and Black (Hurricane) won't be playing ITFs for some time to come but we can still keep track of their USTA results.

#2 ·
Re: 1998-2001 (McCarthy, Higuchi, Bellis, Gordon, Liu, Desiatnikov, etc.) Support Thr

CiCi Bellis has been tearing up the strongest U14 tournaments in the world the past couple of weeks. She won the Aegon Junior International in Bolton last week without dropping a set and is now into the final of the prestigious Les Petits As in France. She takes on Andreea Rosca tomorrow (and is also in the doubles partner with Jaeda Daniel).

Good luck CiCi! :)

#5 ·
Re: 1998-2001 (McCarthy, Higuchi, Bellis, Gordon, Liu, Desiatnikov, etc.) Support Thr

Holy crap, I can't believe there is already a 1998-2001 thread. When I started posting there was the 1990-92 thread I think with names like Oudin, Brodsky, Muhammed, etc. in the title.

CiCi Bellis looks like a serious prospect. Hope she transitions to the main junior tour soon.

#9 ·

Holy crap, I can't believe there is already a 1998-2001 thread. When I started posting there was the 1990-92 thread I think with names like Oudin, Brodsky, Muhammed, etc. in the title.

CiCi Bellis looks like a serious prospect. Hope she transitions to the main junior tour soon.
We're getting old HAHA! :)

#10 ·

I remember a few years ago when future US tennis seemed bleak....it's really great now to have numerous young players we can talk about and watch their games develop. I think it's a really exciting time for tennis here. Obviously some might not do well on the pro level, but at least there are numerous girls to look for. I only wish the US boys program was doing as well. There are a handful of good players, but nearly as many as the girls.

#13 ·
Kaitlyn McCarthy just won the 18s Spring Nationals in Mobile, AL beating Brooke Austin in the final. :eek:

Good week for NC tennis. ;) (Kaitlyn and fellow NC girl Taylor Davidson also won the doubles title.)

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

#18 ·

Video of Jaeda Daniel Playing, the girl seem to alot game & pretty good player for her age

[/QUOTE]

#20 ·

Bellis and McCarthy both into the semifinals of the G4 International Grass Court Championships. :) Along with Ingrid Neel, also '98 born.

#21 ·

CiCi Bellis (USA) d. (wc)Ingrid Neel (USA) 75 62
(2)Kaitlyn McCarthy (USA) d. (Q)Brooke Broda (USA) 61 61

Nice final. :)

#23 ·

(wc)Jaeda Daniel also played but lost 4-6 6-3 7-10 But still good showing for her first Girls 18 event and show only 13 years old. I heard alot great things about Jaeda I think she going be another hearing alot about her in the future

#24 ·

ITF International Grass Court Championships G4

FR: CiCi Bellis (USA) d. (2)Kaitlyn McCarthy (USA) 60 36 63

First title for CiCi. :) Congrats! Should move up to around the 450 mark in the rankings.

Nice week for Kaitlyn.

#25 ·

ITF Odense 2013 G4

R1: (13)Emma Higuchi (USA) d. Monique Belovukovic (AUS) 60 60
R2: (13)Emma Higuchi (USA) vs. Mariella Blackwell (GBR)

R1: (2)Michaela Gordon (USA) vs. BYE
R2: (2)Michaela Gordon (USA) vs. Barbora Miklova (CZE)

Good luck girls! :yeah:

#27 ·

(13)Emma Higuchi d. Mariella Blackwell (GBR) 61 60
Barbora Miklova (CZE) d. (2)Michaela Gordon (USA) 61 60 :unsure:

'98 Angelia Kulikov also into R3.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.