Tennis Forum banner

Elena Baltacha Cheering Thread

106K views 2K replies 135 participants last post by  oliviasmith 
#1 ·
Now that Elena has made a return from illness this week, she needs a cheering thread ;)

This week Elena plays in Hull, and has won her first match for 6 months, beating Sylvia Montero 6-3 5-7 6-1 :D :worship:

Elena plays Klaudia Jans in Round 2, Good Luck Elena :D

#2,086 ·
Bally lost 4-6 (5)6-7

Great effort from Bally. It was a very close match. On to the doubles with Anne!

#2,087 ·
Yes, great event for Elena, who wanted to participate so much. Looks like she'll be off for six months now after her foot operation; interesting to see if she returns. The Guardian newspaper said on Tuesday that few players have made the most of their talent as Elena has, and that she had grit and guts by the shedload. If that DOES prove to be her final event, she had three complete years in the Top 100, peaking at No.50, an outstanding achievement!

#2,091 ·
In her last interview she stated that she would be having ankle surgery and that the Olympics would be her last event this year.

#2,100 ·
Elena Baltacha targets two more years after injury return
The plan is to compete again in Indian Wells, which would prove a tough test after an eight-month lay-off as one of the most prestigious events on the circuit.

"I know it's probably going to be quite a few levels above what I'll be capable of, but the reason I picked it is it's one of my favourite tournaments," she said.

"It's a good goal and will push me to try and get ready for that and give it a go. If I'm not ready then I'll come back in April and start on the clay. The last two years I've really enjoyed playing on clay. I never thought I'd ever say that but the last two years I've absolutely loved it."

#2,108 ·
Once Bally makes her return at Katowice I'm sure she'll be remembered again.

#2,111 ·
Bally has entered 25K Pelham as her first tournament. She withdrew from the Katowice qualies draw. She is not using her SR. I take it she saving it for the Grand Slams.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.