Tennis Forum banner

Aleksandra Krunic

343K views 3K replies 177 participants last post by  Youzou 
#1 ·

Date of Birth: 15.3.1993. (Moscow)

Young Aleksandra living and training currently in Moscow (where she is borned) but will represent Serbia where she already compete and won under-12, under-14 and under-16 National Championships titles in past. Right now she is one of TOP10 ranked 1993 juniors in world (TOP150 overall in under-18 ITF junior competition) and together with 1991 Bojana Jovanovski she is right now most promising Serbian young WTA prospect and "player to watch" in global, not only in Serbia. She is also one of most promising young members of famouos Spartak Moscow tennis school and she won Russian Under-16 championship this year.

I know that is too early to talking about her senior-career future but so far juniors career of this girl is very promising and deserve to be mentoned. She is litle "out of radars" in Serbia b/c living in Moscow and maybe "out of radars" in Russia b/c she is Serbian player but she is maybe bigger prospect than other Serbian promising youngsters (Jovanovski, Curovic) or any of several 1993 upcoming players from Russia.

See less See more
Reactions: Shvedbarilescu
#1,099 ·
Damn. My conection broke at 3-2, and since then Alex did not won a game!
I am so mad at her schedule. She should play more WTA tournaments. She can beat top 100 players. She loses lately alot of threesetters to solid top 150 players, so she is there with them, close. I think she can't beat top 50 or be top 50 but i am shore she could be like top 70-80 or something, like Dolonc. Especialy in doubles, top 30 definitively. She just needs to play more with top players. She played top 100 players maybe like 7-8 tims in her career, that is not much experience and she is already 20 years old. She is curently just a solid ITF journywoman and i think she can at least be a solid WTA journywoman.

#1,101 ·
She needs her on version of JJJs Monterrey.
They are the same age, and, for example, in 2010. Alex was miles away from Jovana. JJJ was like top 1000 and without any titles i think, while Alex won several 10ks, one 25k and one 50k. That was huge. She almost reched top 200 then.
And now, JJs boost of confidence in Monterrey brought her 3 5ks, same number as Alex has now, and she is getting better every tournament.

Alex stands almost in the same place, always fails to defend her last season points, then plays some great tournaments a few weeks, then plays nothing, loses point, than plays some strong tournaments with strong opponents. insted of some easier ones, and that cant give her any consistency.

For example, if Guanzhou title, Prague sf, Baku qf and some random 25k title happened in the same year, she would have been top 100 already...

Bad Gastein is next week, some top 500 players are playing, she is not, she skipped entire grass season, playing nothing, and she could have played Wimbledon.. Alot of bad choises.
Makes you wonder if she realy wants to play tennis besides Fed cup...

20 years old is still young. But no need in waisting time...

#1,104 ·
If she does not defend her 80 points there, she will fall around 20 spots on WTA rankings. Also, if JJJ plays the final of this weeks 25k she is playing, Aleks will be serbian no5.

#1,114 ·
CAMON ALEX, WE KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!
I hope she starts winning regularu in doubles and uses that to be better in singles. I just hope she will find some regular partner to play with. Some Serbian girl would eb great. Maybe Dolonc, it would be good for Fed Cup. Or even Mirčić, she does have 30-40 ITF double stitles.

And, btw, if Alex wants to stay serbian no5, she has to be in the semis, at least, in next weeks 75k she is playing!