Status
Not open for further replies.

Off Topic....Anything Goes vol2

203K views 5K replies 108 participants last post by  James 
#1 ·
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty Im free at last...:bigcry:

ummm, to dramatic :confused:

ok then :bounce:

(just thought we needed something like this if some of us don't want to venture out into the main forum, by the way, do we already have a thread like this? Sorry if we do)

iPhone jailbreaking (and all cell phone unlocking) made legal

Owners of iPhones and other smartphones are one step closer towards taking complete control of their gadgets, thanks to a new government ruling Monday on the practice of "jailbreaking."

This weekend has seen a flurry of activity about digital rights, but the biggest news dropped Monday morning, when the FCC announced that it had made the controversial practice of “jailbreaking” your iPhone — or any other cell phone — legal.

Jailbreaking — the practice of unlocking a phone (and particularly an iPhone) so it can be used on another network and/or run other applications than those approved by Apple — has technically been illegal for years. Most jailbroken phones are used on the U.S. T-Mobile network or on overseas carriers, or are used to run applications that Apple refuses to sell, such as Safari ad-blocking apps, alternate keyboard layouts, or programs that change the interface to the iPhone's SMS system and the way its icons are laid out.

While technically illegal, no one has been sued or prosecuted for the practice. (Apple does seriously frown on the practice, and jailbreaking your phone will still void your warranty.) It’s estimated that more than a million iPhone owners have jailbroken their handsets.

Apple fought hard against the legalization, arguing that jailbreaking was a form of copyright violation. The FCC disagreed, saying that jailbreaking merely enhanced the inter-operability of the phone, and was thus legitimate under fair-use rules.

The upshot is that now anyone can jailbreak or otherwise unlock any cell phone without fear of legal penalties, whether you want to install unsupported applications or switch to another cellular carrier. Cell phone companies are of course still free to make it difficult for you to do this — and your warranty will probably still be voided if you do — but at least you won’t be fined or imprisoned if you jailbreak a handset.

See less See more
#2,990 ·
I'm all for team Djokopova.

And when you take off your engagement ring, its kind of a big deal. But it was my dream for mutantPova to settle down with a nice bball player, just thought it would be a better one. But now Tony Parker is on the market. She should go for that - I'm super keen to change my username to spurspova

#2,992 ·
Del Potro . I'd like to see her settle down with a quieter, more down to earth type of guy. Plus there hasn't been a huge tennis romance in a while so that would be nice too.

Or Safin, because they would make beautiful children. I always thought Pova and Tsonga would look nice together too.

#2,993 ·
Oh Safin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hehehehehehe... But he didn't like her in the past... :p + he is well, we all know, party guy and likes to change his GFs often... He is not for a serious relationship...

#2,997 ·
#3,007 ·
#3,005 ·
Nooo... no the guy who goes out to gala things in sneakers... with Maria glammed up.

#3,013 ·
This. I thought the break-up was something among the lines of not having enough time to spend together and slowly drifting apart...

Anyway, I didn't know that Jelena was in New York with Novak, the camera didn't zoom in on Nole's box during his matches so far... I definitely don't want him to sit on 2 chairs. But IIRC he was in a relationship with Jelena at the US 2007 as well, and we all know who he partied with after the tournament ended (still think there was something there) :lol: Anyway, Maria really deserves someone nice who would respect her and love her for who she is. If Sasha couldn't see that, then he is definitely not the one. Personally, I would love to see her with Novak because I love them together and I think their chemistry is amazing. Whether he is the right guy for her-that's up to them to decide :angel:

Reactions: SidTheKid
#3,019 ·
Don't go pulling a denny on us :eek: :lol:
Seriously girl, if you know something, spill it :p Btw, you know more about Novak than I do, and he is in the press here in Serbia basically every single day :lol: Although, 95% of stuff is tennis related. Anyway, Novak really seems like a genuine guy. He is very kind and always helps where help is needed whenever he can. I think he comes off as kind of a party boy, but recently that image really subsided. I really doubt that he ever cheated on Jelena, although if I remember correctly, I think they had one small off period (somewhere in 2009/2010, when he was having some bad results for his standards...). Anyway, there was this one thing that surfaced in newspapers: his first coach (from when he was a little kid) said that the reason he hadn't taken a medal at the Olympics is because he was having some personal problems, and she said he needs to sort them out before he can move on to grinding his opponents on the tennis court. When asked, Novak said that everybody has problems and that it's perfectly normal to have to deal to them, and refused to comment further. So despite everything, he is the kind of person who likes to keep his private life to himself. Now, in my mind I constructed the idea that both him and Maria were having trouble in their relationships and I put the two and two together. 50% of it turned to be the truth unfortunately :sad: and for the rest, we'll see...

Edit: Maria confirmed it, so it's official now. Too bad, it's one thing breaking up with your boyfriend but completely other breaking off your engagement...

#3,020 ·
Seriously girl, if you know something, spill it
I cannot. Unfortunately.
you know more about Novak than I do
I was just following the Serbian gossip media :lol: all these yrs and also a bit of MTF
He is very kind and always helps where help is needed whenever he can. I think he comes off as kind of a party boy, but recently that image really subsided.
True, never denied that. The partying was subsided by Cetojevic IMO, he did a great job there.
I really doubt that he ever cheated on Jelena, although if I remember correctly, I think they had one small off period (somewhere in 2009/2010, when he was having some bad results for his standards...)
:shrug: Don't know... Maybe yes, maybe not. His late grandad denied that they broke up at that time.
Jelena Genicic..
I know what she said, but how much does she really know?? It is not like he is in contact with her on daily basis.. + there are rumours that the personal problems are Srdjan-related (which wouldn't surprise me)...

#3,016 ·
No, seriously, I am not pulling a denny, I did kind of know/suspect strongly... But cannot tell more. And now is irrelevant, Maria confirmed it.
If I wanted to pull a denny, I would have been constantly writing how I have exclusive info..

#3,023 ·
Are you sure he's permabanned? Didn't see any mention on twitter.

Anyway, I just thought about this. Remember that interview after Stuttgart where Joyce was talking about how pre-Miami Maria just wasn;t relaxed. That there was a lot in her personal life and stuff like that. Although at the time we didn't read too much into it because she's so private anyway and it could be one of 100 different things. Do you think he was talking about Sasha? I know she wore the ring after RG but that could have been for a) getting back in the euphoria of the moment b) (most likely) not wanting to have the coverage of her RG win overshadowed by her engagement break-up.

The clay run was in Spring, although I kinda want a specific time so as I can relate her results too it.

I can't help but feeling gutted for her, even though time has passed now. Still, I'm sure it hurt a lot.

#3,028 · (Edited)
The meal part was OK, then it began to drag a bit because the bar was closed and most people just felt a little awkward, the way some people do at weddings/occasions. So nobody really danced to any music, everyone was just counting down until 12.30 so we could leave for the afterparty. :sobbing:

Although, because the stupid buses were loitering about the teachers made us wait half an hour so the people waiting outside wouldn't be able to give us our drink. :eek:
Once we were on the bus though we just got them to drive 5 mins up the road and got it there so theie plan was just such a frustrating fail.

The afterparty was amazing though, I got like a million photos with randomers (who still haven't put them on facebook :eek:) and just generally had great craic with everyone. It ended early because one lad punched the bathroom wall though, apparently causing £1000 damage. As if a chipboard tile costs £1000 :rolleyes:

We landed back into town around 6AM and then we went and got a full-Irish/fry/whatever you Americans call them :lol:
Although we were waiting on the 8AM bus home, then at 8 we realised the first one was at 10AM so we just got a taxi home.

I think Formals here are completely different to Proms over there but it's the way we do it. :lol:

That's pretty much the briefest summary, there were just too many great quotes moments to start singling some out. :lol: Plus you were a little sentimental because we all knew come Monday we would have to work flat out for the rest of the year and then it would be Bye Bye to school forever. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.