Tennis Forum banner

AO Chat Thread

41K views 2K replies 68 participants last post by  BlueTrees 
#1 ·
Cheering and Jeering for players other than Maria Sharapova
:cheer:

#1,402 ·
I actually like them both too, but I think I'm still gutted by that USO final. That was literally I think the worst loss that my fave ever suffered, at least it was for me as a fan. Anyway, I don't want Andy to fly too high, so I'll be rooting like crazy for Nole :lol: As far as Vika goes, if Li starts being her usual mental case and her alter go ErrorNa surfaces... I just can't at her luck in this tournament :eek:

#1,403 ·
At least Vika's been #1 for a long time, Murray never has :p

I cannot bear the thought of Novak losing two Slam finals in a row to Murray :tears:
This so much :hysteric: But it'll be hard for Nole, it depends whether he has one of his good or one of his bad days, but I think Murray may actually take it again :bigcry:

#1,404 ·
Haase, Sousa, Berankis, Simon and Chardy vs. Paire, Davydenko, Tomic, Raonic, Tsonga :rolleyes:
but Andy played great today, Roger's body let him down hard in the 5th, he wasn't moving anymore

#1,407 ·
I'm not blaming him :lol: I know draws are draws and it's noone's fault, yet those players are quite different :p anyway like I said, Andy improved SO MUCH starting from last year and he deserves to be where he is. :)

Talking about myself: I'll never get over the fact that when Roger (or some ATP player I like) loses, "it's just a game, it will be better next time" and when Maria loses my whole life falls apart :sobbing: I'm a disaster :lol:

#1,409 ·
I'm that way with Nadal. He's by far my favorite of the ATP, but even him getting railed by Novak throughout 2011 didn't devastate me. That drawn-out loss at AO last year didn't depress me either. It was always "he'll get him next time". A loss for Sharapova is something different. When it happens it guarantees I'll be feeling like life isn't worth living for at least a couple of days. I think it's due to her record in semis and finals of majors and how often she's gotten beatdown. Her record against Serena and Vika these last few years- it's just not pretty. If her record was more even or if she were more competitive with them then it likely wouldn't hurt so much.

#1,417 ·
After a hot messy start for both women that final game of the set was really intense stuff. With the crowd against her and with her problems holding serve Aze is not taking this. I'm hoping and borderline expecting her ranking to plummet this year. This match so far does confirm that Shar's strategy of hitting the ball back to Na was a mistake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.