Status
Not open for further replies.

Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

248K views 5K replies 100 participants last post by  James 
#1 ·
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty Im free at last...:bigcry:

ummm, to dramatic :confused:

ok then :bounce:

(just thought we needed something like this if some of us don't want to venture out into the main forum, by the way, do we already have a thread like this? Sorry if we do)

iPhone jailbreaking (and all cell phone unlocking) made legal

Owners of iPhones and other smartphones are one step closer towards taking complete control of their gadgets, thanks to a new government ruling Monday on the practice of "jailbreaking."

This weekend has seen a flurry of activity about digital rights, but the biggest news dropped Monday morning, when the FCC announced that it had made the controversial practice of “jailbreaking” your iPhone — or any other cell phone — legal.

Jailbreaking — the practice of unlocking a phone (and particularly an iPhone) so it can be used on another network and/or run other applications than those approved by Apple — has technically been illegal for years. Most jailbroken phones are used on the U.S. T-Mobile network or on overseas carriers, or are used to run applications that Apple refuses to sell, such as Safari ad-blocking apps, alternate keyboard layouts, or programs that change the interface to the iPhone's SMS system and the way its icons are laid out.

While technically illegal, no one has been sued or prosecuted for the practice. (Apple does seriously frown on the practice, and jailbreaking your phone will still void your warranty.) It’s estimated that more than a million iPhone owners have jailbroken their handsets.

Apple fought hard against the legalization, arguing that jailbreaking was a form of copyright violation. The FCC disagreed, saying that jailbreaking merely enhanced the inter-operability of the phone, and was thus legitimate under fair-use rules.

The upshot is that now anyone can jailbreak or otherwise unlock any cell phone without fear of legal penalties, whether you want to install unsupported applications or switch to another cellular carrier. Cell phone companies are of course still free to make it difficult for you to do this — and your warranty will probably still be voided if you do — but at least you won’t be fined or imprisoned if you jailbreak a handset.

See less See more
This post has been deleted
This post has been deleted
#1,896 ·
I know that GM is frustrating and at times it drives me insane too, and the way people say stuff about Maria hurts, as a fan it's disheartening to know that people dislike her so much and hate her for no reason. I dont understand some people, and I never will, but a respected definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result...dont you get tired of defending Maria.
Yes, it's pointless to debate with someone when you know beforehand that he (or she) won't be reasonable. You'll only get more and more frustrated while he will only enjoy himself more and more because frustrating you was all he had in mind to begin with. Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. :)

#1,897 ·
WTF do One Direction keep getting tattoos?

I'm very disappointed in Zayn :eek:

Hopefully the third guy is getting a sleeve, because random tattoos on your arms look so trashy.

Have any of you ever done shrooms?
A couple times. I really liked 'em, but my friend had an awful trip.

And the Glamour pics are incredible. And I really like the cover pic, Svetlio :shrug:

#1,898 ·
Oh my God, I just re-read my post from yesterday....how did I manage, in a post where I intended to make fun of someone else's weirdness, manage to inadvertently give away more weird facts about myself :crying2:

Next time there's a discussion about fetishes here I think I shall have to back out quickly of the thread. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.