Tennis Forum banner

London 2012 - Mission: Olympic Glory & Career Golden Slam!

152K views 3K replies 126 participants last post by  nelsondan 
#1 ·

See less See more
Reactions: slamchamp
#2 ·
Kick. Sabine's. Ass.
28 days to go. :rocker2:
Show 'em who's the boss Maria! I wanna see you wild!

Reactions: slamchamp
#1,470 ·
#5 ·
you will need a lot of luck maria for the olympics !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 ·
I want her to draw Kim in first round.

#11 ·
IKR? :sad: To think that I was rooting for London over Paris back in 2005 for this Olympics because at that time grass was Masha's best surface. Now I wish Paris had won so we can play on clay. :eek: Oh how time has changed everything.

#12 ·
Anyways can't wait! :cheer: I won't worry about her game yet. Just wanna firstly enjoy seeing her bare the flag at the ceremony! :hearts:

#16 ·
Yes I agree. It's understandable. Her Miami final loss was a meltdown in a similar way IMO. Now we have roughly a month till OG so hope she'll be able to regain her energy.

#19 ·
You think Masha will make a quick stop in Paris on her way home to check out HC Fashion Week? :hearts:

#23 ·
Haute Couture Fashion Week in Paris started yesterday and ends on the 5th... :oh: The ESPYs are on the 11th or 10th, I believe. :p

#27 ·
And hope she does go back to Sasha... :oh: besides... She won't have much additional training on grass, will she?? Ah, cannot expect miracles for the Games...

#28 ·
Don't expect miracles. Just enjoy the opening ceremony first and then one match at a time. :) We'll see how it goes based on her form. Of course I'd like to see her do well but regardless it's her first ever OG so we should just enjoy seeing her playing there at the very least.

#29 ·
Светльо;21762676 said:
Her program will be something like :
going to Florida to see Yuri for 3-4 days
then back to LA to be with Sasha then the ESPYs on the 11th
get a week of rest
and then around 22-23th back to London.
she needs more training , Thomas has much to improve in her game right now

#31 ·
After a good 3 or 4 of days rest and then 3 weeks of preparation she'll be as good good as new and ready to kick ass - All she's to do then is to keep it up for 6 days

Is that her Olympic dress? - Looking good! - Although - superstitious as I am - I'd rather preferred either white or black

#32 ·
I never thought I'd ever say this, but can't they play on clay instead? :lol:

It's become pretty obvious that grass is no longer Maria's best surface, if it ever was to be honest. It's now clay (like, I know right), indoors and hard courts.

Just check out her last two losses. Good serving by her opponents on a fast surface when her own serve didn't click.
Oh well, maybe a few more weeks of rest will do her some good. I just hope she enjoys the moments here.

#39 ·
No offense - but who said that grass is Masha's best surface? - She herself has never stated that - all she's said was that she loves to play on grass - Since Wimbledon 2004 - she hasn't had any significant successes on grass except for the Wimbledon final last year

#33 ·
I think Pova should take a good week off. Her tennis isn't the problem as much as she's simply mentally drained, I think. Has she ever played as many matches at this point during the season as she has this year? She just needs a break to let these past few weeks really sink in, to recharge her batteries and to refocus on the second half of the season. :)

Reactions: Charlatan
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.