160K views 3K replies 72 participants last post by  Nightcrawl3r 
#1 · (Edited)
This is Alexandra

Residence : Bucharest, Romania
Date of birth : 03/05/1990
Birthplace : Bucharest, Romania
Height : 1.66m
Weight : 46 kg
Plays : Right Handed (Double Handed Backhand)
Favourite Surface : Clay
Win/Loss Record - Singles : 145 - 70
ITF Women's Circuit singles titles : 7
Career High Singles : 248 (December 20, 2010), current rank is 250

Personally

* Alexandra started playing tennis when she was 4 years old
* Her father, Alexandru, got her on the tennis court for first time
* Short right kick is her preffered shot
* She likes playing offensive on court
* As personal interests are swimming and listening to music

See less See more
#1,726 ·
I actually think she did it right if she really started into the year with shoulder problems. I imagine her being in South America already for quite a while focusing on the clay courts.

Of course she could have played other tournaments before, but that wud have meant for her to change time zones or surface preparation. Having already stayed for longer in America could really give her an advantage over other players who have already traveled through half of the world in the last couple of weeks. And it's clay after all, so everything possible.

#1,728 ·
She made the same decisions the years before and it paid off nicely.

Playing Dubai Q would have been nonsense, in Doha she would have gotten into the MD but her chances to win a match there would have been slim at that point.

Alexandra really strikes me as one of the players who need to get into groove. Continent hopping doesn't seem to be her thing. She is usually taking breaks between changing continents. However, my statement is really based on the assumption that she is physically hampered.

#1,732 ·
This is what I thought as well, but why did she let it edit on her WTA profile where she is now officially marked as being coachless?

Thus said, Alexandra has never had a strict coaching hierarchy compared to other plyers. So I wouldn't read much into this as she will have as usually prepared in Bucharest with a team of coaches and sparing partners.

#1,742 ·
Looks as if they have some deal with the WTA. They literally only put up (ATP) matches featuring qualifiers or wildcards today, but there might still be a slim chance for Alexandra's match to be shown tomorrow.

On the other hand, the danger of this becoming a 3 hour mugathon that will collapse the complete OOP for tomorrow seems likely for obvious reasons.

#1,744 ·
First 3 games and what we see is a player with literally no backhand (that is Alex) mugging it up against a player that nas literally no forehand (Pereira) with an average of 3 unforced errors in one game - lovely.

#1,749 ·
She usually needs a couple of matches to get into rhythm, though. Not expected to see her flopping here.

She became more active in the latter stages of the match and won some points on her own, at least. Had some pretty bad luck that Pereira's defensive moonballs somehow always caught the line.

#1,751 ·
This girl will soon get out from top 100 at this rate of losing matches. Shame of me i never watch her play. I guess, i will not loose to much anyway.

#1,760 ·
There were many close games, especially in the first set.

I'm happy that she got the easy win and drew someone against whom she could practise her shots in a match before it really matters. Return of serve was dire and she missed many easy sitters, especially in the early stages of the match.

Got better from the baseline, though as the match went on. Highlight to me was when she hit one of her trademark 'drop shots' at 5-3 0-40 that dropped rather long. She already went back to her bench not even noticing (and believing) that Ce somehow hit it long.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.