Tennis Forum banner

REPORT: Monday !

411 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  m_pierce fan 
#1 ·
I will start on women's matches:

VENUS WILLIAMS V SVETA KUZNETSOVA:

There wasn't so much crowd when we get to the Rod Laver Arena and atmosphere was a little bit low..But when the match started it was OK!!Sveta really started great!Nearly everything she did went right!Of course we have to remember that Venus didn't play her best at the first but anyway, Sveta started well...Her forehand is pretty good when it works but not as good as MARY'S...Ha haa...Sveta led the first set 3-0 and Me and my friends were like "HEY, WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING HERE!"Everybody were a little bit amazed at the moment...Then when it was 3-1 to Sveta Venus really got her game...Her shots were really good and Sveta was in trouble at every point nearly...First set was 6-4 to Venus...In the 2nd set Venus just continued where she was in the 1st set end and Venus won that 2nd set 6-2....I think that match was a little bit disappoint to me...I thought that Sveta could play more better than she did...But she didn't...

LINDSAY DAVENPORT V CAMILLE PIN:

This match was really short and it made my friend really happy..Of course because Lindsay won!She played really good...Her forehands and backhands were really causing problems to Camille...Lindsay won the first set 6-2...The second set started close-run but when it was 1-1 Lindsay broke and then she went her ways to win that match 6-2 6-1...Lindsay really showed that she is BIG THREAT in this years Oz open...I'd say that Lindsay played better than anyone else on the women's side today...She really played great..And she looked happy on court..This match was good I think...

Then I saw a little bit of Anna Kournikova and Nagyova match...
Anna was playing well but Henrieta had problems with her back...The trainer was on court 3 times...So I think that's one reason why Anna was so equal today..But she played well...I had to say that...

JENNIFER CAPRIATI V MARLENE WEINGARTNER

OH my gosh what a match!!
:eek: Jenny started very good..I said to my friends that I had never seen Jenny playing so well than she played in the first 2 games...She really overpowered Marlene..Marlene was looking so skinny and Jenny was looking a little bit over-weight...The first set was Jenny's..Marlene couldn't do anything on the court...Jenny dominated her 6-2 in the 1st set...In the 2nd set it looked like Jenny was winning that match in straight sets something like 6-2 6-0 but then Marlene got her game...Her backhand really was A MIRACLE like my friend said..It was really good...Time after time it earned a point to Marlene...That 2nd set went to a tiebreaker...It was Marlene who dominated the balls...She won that tiebreak...2-6 7-6 was score then...In the 3rd set Jenny was defendant all the time...Marlene shot and Jenny ran...Everytime...When it was 5-4 to Marlene Jenny was looking really disappointed on court...There was nothing do to...Marlene won that match and the crowd was really cheering for her...:worship: I think Marlene is great person and if she plays like she did today in the 2nd and 3rd set she is really dangerous...But I think she is not capable of doing that...Although this was the MATCH OF THE DAY!!!

Tomorrow I am gonna give you report from matches:
Mary Pierce v Patricia Wartusch
Monica Seles v Lubomira Kurhajcova
Amanda Coetzer v Babsi Schett
(maybe Chanda Rubin against Czink)

Monday was warm day..The temperature was +31 degrees..
I didn't see Mary there but tomorrow I will...Good night to you friends!!:angel:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.