Tennis Forum banner

Nina Bratchikova Cheering Thread!

46K views 590 replies 33 participants last post by  Foot's Fingers 
#1 · (Edited)
i understand that is isn't the most well-known russian and her results haven't been that great so far, but she is a pretty good player and is starting to play a bit more on the challenger circuit. everytime i see her in a tournament i want to come into the russian roulette and wish her good luck but there isn't a thread for her (that i can see). so, anyone else think she should have a thread (not a whole forum but i think she should have a thread like this)?

#509 · (Edited)
Nina won the doubles title w/ Kalashnikova though, for her first WTA title of any kind. Good work.

Great season for Nina really, finishes inside the top 100 for doubles & singles, and almost doubles her career prizemoney this year alone.

It really could have been a lot better though had she been consistant. Lot's of points to defend in Australia, she'll probably play another week or two before then to cushion the body blow that will be those points dropping off.

#513 ·
Nina had her best year in 2012, finishing in the top 100 for the first time.
2012 85
2011 143

To repeat the trick for 2013, Nina needs to start out well, as she has about 60 points to defend before the AO, and 212 points to defend at the AO!

She has not ended the year convincingly, and needs to right the ship, quick!

Her Shenzhen draw:

Li v Minella
Bratchikova v Cohen
Duan v Q
Cadantu v Jovanovski

Julia is coming off a strong ending to 2012, so this could be a tough match. Nina then potentially meets Na Li. :eek:

#515 ·
Nina-- no words :eek:

Loses to Julia, 60 67(7) 57.

3 mps lost, multiple breaks and double breaks given up.

Should have won this in an hour, if she'd had any confidence :(

Loss of her 2nd round Brisbane points. Better get it together in Hobart-- but she won't.

#516 ·
Nina's Sydney q-draw:

(3)Nina Bratchikova (RUS) v Valeria Savinykh (RUS)
(wc)Stephanie Bengson (AUS) v Sacha Jones (AUS)
Marie-Eve Pelletier (CAN) v Julia Glushko (ISR)
Yue-Yue Hu (CHN) v (5)Lauren Davis (USA)

Judging by Nina's current mental state, she'll lose to Valeria, unless Valeria retires.

Regarding h2h, she's down 0-1 against her, but this is their first meeting on a hardcourt.

#517 ·
Defeated Lera in just under 2 hours, 64 57 46. So glad to see Nina play clutch, after that disaster against Julia! Next up Sacha Jones. Should be easy :unsure:

#518 ·
OMG, is this our Nina, pulling out three set matches :eek: She rallied against Sacha, winning 36 75 62! I wonder if she saved any match points? :drool:

Now faces Lauren Davis for a spot in the main draw.

#519 ·
Finally fell-- upset in three to Lauren, 63 46 16. I wonder if she had any opportunities to win that match in the second set?

Good luck to her at the AO! She'll need it. She has 210 points to defend! :sobbing:

#522 ·
I wonder if that played on her mind. Before the match both players knew whoever lost would be the LL (as the other 3 matches had already been completed and whoever lost was the highest ranked loser) that plays Cirstea, so they didn't stretch themselves too hard.

#525 ·
^ Hope she didn't have match points in that second set :unsure:

We can definitely say, Nina isn't the player she was last year at this time.

#527 ·
Nina seems to have fought valiantly, but lost to Kirsten, 4 & 3. Now back out of the Top 100, and will have to work to get back there.

#530 ·
Anyway, she's playing Pattya this year instead of the Paris Open, which is a good choice.

Here's her section:

1-IVANOVIC, ANA SRB vs MORITA, AYUMI JPN
SCHEEPERS, CHANELLE RSA vs DATE-KRUMM, KIMIKO JPN
BRATCHIKOVA, NINA RUS vs PEER, SHAHAR ISR
6-WC-HANTUCHOVA, DANIELA SVK vs PUCHKOVA, OLGA RUS

She has a great first round :hearts: She actually also leads Shahar, 1-0, having defeated her for her first title in 2003! :lol:

#532 · (Edited)
Well, Nina seems to have lucked her way into the Qtrs. First she gets Shahar, "one win in 10 tries" Peer, then defending champ Dani retires, 26 03 down. :lol: Last year, she lost in qualifying!

Now she meets red-hot Ayumi Morita, who took out Ivanovic and Date-Krumm.

#534 ·
Wow! Quality win over Ayumi!

She's now almost back into the Top 100! :hearts:

The road will be much more difficult now. Faces #5 Sabine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.