Tennis Forum banner

Storm Hunter (Sanders) Cheering Thread

59K views 422 replies 46 participants last post by  guichard 
#1 ·
Haven't seen a thread for Storm yet.

She had great results in 2011, and is playing in Hobart qualifying.

Top 250 by end of 2012?

#2 ·
Top 250 might be a bit ambitious by the years end, but I like her game. Uses her 'leftiness' well.

Though seeing her highlights (or more likely low lights) when she played Sally Peers - the poor gal had a shocker then :)

Good choice for a quallie w/c :)

#3 ·
I would say Top 350 perhaps by the end of this year might be more realistic....

She is heading to Asia for some events in March/April last I heard....probably the 25/50k challengers around Japan...

It will be easier to judge after that tour to see where she is at...

#7 ·
Good ballstriker, but I saw her getting quite simply outplayed by Rajicic at the wildcard playoffs. It will be interesting to see how far she goes, think she should be faster for her height though.

#9 ·
Storm lost today 62 64. Respectable scoreline.

#13 ·
Not yet, but she got a wildcard to Hobart Qualies & didn't do too badly. So I assume she will get one.

#15 ·
So after reaching the 3rd round of AO juniors, Storm did well today in qualifying in Burnie.

She beat a top 500 player for the third time in her career, defeating #436 Van Der Meet (NED) 7-5 6-1 after having beaten Oriana Nowicki earlier in the day. Plays final round of qualies tomorrow against the 15th seed. Should have a good chance! Looking forward to see what Storm does this year :)