Tennis Forum banner

Caroline Garcia

364K views 5K replies 156 participants last post by  maloofhoof 
#1 ·
Caro is currently France's number 2 in the 1993 generation, far away from Kristina obviously. Still, her results are good enough to follow them on a thread. She is born in October, which could explain why her talent has been overshadowed by girls born earlier in the year.

She plays with a double-handed backhand and her best shot is definitely her serve. Her forehand has lots of firepower as well. She still has to work on her return and movement, I'd say.

She is 64th on the junior ranking (but won her first Grade 1 tournament beating Allgurin, Mestach and Cepede). On the pro tour, she is part of top 700 thanks to good showings in 25k. She's slightly overanked I think but she does have interesting wins over Riner, Dabija and Kondratieva.

Allez Caro :)

#764 ·
WTA Birmingham
Final Qualifing
[11]Casey Dellacqua (AUS) d [1]Caroline Garcia (FRA) 7-6(7) 6-4
:sad:

#768 ·
#772 ·
Again to play against Serena in second round of Grand Slam. Hope she can win more games then on Roland Garros.

#773 ·
Caro lost 3 and 2 to Serena Williams

well sad for her but she made great showing though. I loved the way she played, mix things up, coming to the net, not playing a stereotype game like we vomit it everyday on the tour:tape:

I think Amélie gave her some advices to come forward and play agressive game. She's top100 now and will play wta tour now. Well done Caro keep this up!:kiss:

Next: Palermo

#775 ·
Caro lost 3 and 2 to Serena Williams

well sad for her but she made great showing though. I loved the way she played, mix things up, coming to the net, not playing a stereotype game like we vomit it everyday on the tour:tape:

I agree. Yes, she lost, but what a great attitude she showed on court! It's been a while I saw Caroline play and I was very impressed.
There will be great things in store for her in the future, if she keeps this up!

#776 ·
:sad: Caro lost to Dentoni 7-5 4-6 4-6 in 1r of Palermo
Next Bastad

#778 ·
:sad: Caro lost to Dentoni 7-5 4-6 4-6 in 1r of Palermo
Ouch ouch ouch ouch.

After a couple of seasons in which it seemed she might break through into the top 100, Dentoni has been languishing in 25Ks and barely getting wins even there for years now. I checked and I think this is her second WTA MD win over the last 3 seasons.

#781 ·
she 's just worst than I was thinking. I wrote on her FB page after her Dentoni loss that she really needs a coach and she blocked me:spit: the girl is acting like a bitch cause you dont say things like "you are the best, so beautiful blabla"

starting to not like her at all now:rolleyes:

#784 ·
Next Makarova

#787 ·
lost 2 and 0 to Makarova.

well I watched just a bit in 2nd set and Caroline was dominated by Makarova, it was just too fast, too precise for her. The fact she managed to beat Tatishvilli is not something that great cause the geogian should have won that match if she wasnt weaponless:eek:

But Makarova spotted all her weakness's and how much work she still has to make to beat that type of girls (top20-30). Yesterday she looks annoyed with her coach-father. If she doesnt make a change she will stay at that point, a top70-80 player. Dont think it is what she wants...

#801 ·
Yesterday she looks annoyed with her coach-father. If she doesnt make a change she will stay at that point, a top70-80 player. Dont think it is what she wants...
They touched on this on Channel 7 telecast (in Australia) tonight; To paraphrase: "she should be a lot better now than what she actually is." So yes, really hoping she'll make a positive coaching change in the future, but coach-father dynamics can be very tough to deal with. Big serve (~185kph), big forehand, hopefully she'll reach her full potential someday.