Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Return Winner: The Laura Robson support thread.

Tags
#sluts gif
465K views 5K replies 158 participants last post by  miffedmax 
#1 · (Edited)
Since the old thread has gone over the 5,000 post limit, I figure that it needs to be replaced by a shiny new one. So here it is.

Achievements Pre-injury:
  • Olympic mixed doubles silver medal (w/ Andy Murray)
  • Singles semi final - Palermo 2012
  • Grand Slam 4th round - US Open 2012, Wimbledon 2013
  • Defeated Kim Clijsters in her final singles match
  • Singles Final - Guangzhou 2012
  • WTA Newcomer of the year 2012

Achievements - Post Comeback:
  • Singles Championship: ITF 25,000 Landisville
  • Doubles Championship: ITF 25,000 Landisville (W/ Freya Christie)
  • Qualifier US Open 2016

#1,511 ·
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

David Lloyd made the French Open Men's Doubles QF.

Him & Patrick McEnroe are the only ones that fit the clues. Since Patrick is married with kids, I'm guessing David is the rumoured b/f. He's in his mid 60s though, so I'm not going to set any store by it. ;)

#1,517 · (Edited)

Sorry. I'm not at all good at this. I didn't want to make it hard, more wanted to avoid writing down the name. (Since there's no evidence to back it up, and who knows, I may even have dreamt it.)

The slam was last year, and the QF was where X was defeated.

According to the collective description Judy Murray coined, the brothers are (very nearly) a pair of sweeties.

And one more. In these terms, Laura herself is a GS quarter finalist.

#1,519 ·

Oooh got it I think, the brother of a certain top 100 American player, they reached the men's doubles QF together at the US open last year?
Yeah, him.

X was a clue, actually, though entirely inadvertant.

Now, do I try harder to find the original post? The problem is (and this informs my nym) that I've fallen out with some forums, and I refuse to revisit them...

#1,524 ·

Haha on the random gossip side of things, Harry Styles tweets Laura today wishing her good luck, she then get's a load of hate from crazy ass 1D fans and her followers shoot up by like at least several 1000, all crazy 1Ders keeping an eye on things? :lol:

#1,550 ·

I found an English version!

Milos, knocked out in the second round at Wimbledon, said: “Laura is really nice – she’s funny but don’t tell her I said that. It would be great if she could do well at her home slam.” A source close to Laura said: “Milos and Laura goof around together and there is a chemistry there but tennis, and not boys, is her priority.”
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/wimbledon-golden-girl-laura-robson-2011608

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.