Tennis Forum banner

Hungarian Fed Cup Team Thread

14K views 121 replies 12 participants last post by  elekhungary 
#1 ·
Most other national forums have Fed Cup threads, so I think Hungary deserves one too :bounce:
This year, Hungary is in Europe/Africa Group 1. They were drawn into a group with Sweden, Latvia, and Denmark (Wozniacki may not play though). I think it's a great draw, as even without Agnes and Melinda, there is still a great chance. The team is Marosi, Kapros, Jani, and Susanyi for those of you who didn't know. Hungary's first match is tomorrow against Latvia :bounce:

#39 ·
The lovely team won of course :cool:

Hungary - Latvia: 3-0

Timea Babos (HUN) d. Irina Kuzmina (LAT) 6-3 6-4
Greta Arn (HUN) d. Liga Dekmeijere (LAT) 6-3 6-0
Babos / Jani (HUN) d. Dekmeijere / Kuzmina (LAT) 6-4 6-3

It will be more interesting tomorrow, Netherlands beat Romania :bolt: We should win somehow against Netherlands, and then anything can happen.

#40 ·
Hungary :yeah:

#44 ·
Greta's got sick, played with fever. After withdraw Czink and Szavay, another bad luck for Hungary... :( Rus is her best form, it was a tough match anyway, but impossible to win against anybody with this handicap. I hope, she will be okay tomorrow, but I'll not wondering, if she do not play.
Krajicek was too much for Babos, this is not her level yet. And it won't be, if she don't work a lot with humble...

#46 ·
Netherlands - Hungary 3-0:
Michaëlla Krajicek (NED) d. Timea Babos (HUN) 6-2 6-3
Arantxa Rus (NED) d. Greta Arn (HUN) 6-2 6-3
Bertens/Hogenkamp (NED) d. Jani/Marosi (HUN) 2-6 6-2 6-2

:(:(:(

And yes, I wanted to ask the same question. As I heard Timi is training really hard with her new team :shrug:

#47 ·
I'm just afraid from that, she is too young to be a star, like her "environment" wants. She don't know, but she's not ready for this. Not yet. Yes, she's training hard, but if she belive - just for one minute - that she's the queen of the court, it will be not happy end. I do not say, it is a fact, I just do not want to see it happens.

#49 ·
It's her team's duty to hype her, get some attention, some sponsors. She said in an interview, that she already feels the pressure. But it's necessary and she must get used to it :( Until she doesn't get a mysterious illness every time she has to train, I think we shouldn't worry...

#54 ·
Bulgakova? :unsure:
I know Szavay obviously can't play but why not Arn or Czink? :eek:
Czink can't play OG now :shrug:

#56 ·
Gréta played every year and she should focus more on WTA tournaments, because lost lots of points in Auckland.
Czink is a big mess, always finds an excuse to not play in the Fed cup. :eek: The article :shrug:, don't say facts.
I'm happy for Timi, because she wasn't sure in it, but after her coach became the captain, I think she has to attend :)

And you should be happy about our not so strong team because Greece is in our group :p

#64 ·
Well done Hungary :yeah:
Hopefully next time both teams will have all their best players :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.