Tennis Forum banner

IW Chat Thread

15K views 393 replies 38 participants last post by  pedropt 
#1 ·
Cheering and Jeering for players other than Maria Sharapova
As requested, because it was pretty popular during the Australian Open
:cheer:

#206 ·
Pissed that there'll be no Rafa today. I was looking forward to seeing him play on a hard court again. I missed his last match!

#208 ·
I watched his match vs Zeballos and I wasn't very impressed. Zeballos was playing out of his mind though. Then I caught a replay of his match vs Ferrer and I was veeeeery impressed. I felt sorry for David :lol:

#212 ·
True! There's nothing really interesting, but I hope Peak Vesnina makes an appearance, to spice things up a little! :lol: I still want Caro to win though.

#211 ·
Well reading from twitter, apparently Gulbis is bi-polar :lol:
and there's not a live WTA match until Caro vs Vesnina. In comparison to yday's, where I felt tennis dragged on (thanks to Andy), todays play has gone so speedy. Maybe Barthel-Ivanovic tonight could be an interesting watch

#214 ·
I'll probably miss Ana's match too! Early wake up call to go to lesson! Long day tomorrow :eek: I think Mona will beat Ana in two tight sets btw!

#219 ·
Vika drops the first set to Flipkens 6-3.

I still expect her to turn it around and win and I honestly hope she doesn't lose before the final. As subpar as I think Maria's playing, I don't want her to get free passes and an easy road. To win a prestigious title, I want to see Maria take down at least a couple of elite players so it feels like an earned win. This tournament is already without Serena and Li. Losing Vika early would make it empty.

#224 ·
I don't think Vika will win in Miami, especially if she does win IW, which I think she's the overwhelming favorite to do. She won't have the stamina to win both. Serena will be rested and hungry and will not have forgotten the loss to Vika in Doha. Motivation is always a huge factor with Serena and she'll have a lot of it.

#226 ·
I understand we are all butthurt nowadays, but people speak as if they can't imagine Shar beating Azarenka again when she did it twice last year. Yes, Renka will get her at least two out of three times, but I don't see this ever becoming a Serena type roadblock for Shar. And despite her streak Azarenka isn't looking nearly as strong as she did in the first half of 2012.

#227 ·
I think the potential final against Azarenka here is 100% winnable actually. I still believe that Maria's best tennis beats the Demon's, and I feel like Vika's gonna run herself into the ground just like she did last year by the time the clay rolls around.

Also, does the nickname "Vika" irritate the piss out of anyone else? I don't know why (maybe because I hate her guts) but I think it's such an ugly word.

#231 ·
Stosur can beat Mona just to be bagelled by Cheaterenka

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.