Tennis Forum banner

Stephanie Bengson

24K views 206 replies 20 participants last post by  chingching 
#1 ·
She looks promising.
Jan 31 1987 so she is 23 years old. But can still be promising.
She has reached like 3 doubles finals this year 2 in 10k Italy and 1 in 25k Aus.
:yeah:

#133 ·
Re: Steph Bengson Cheering Thread

More great achievements for Steph - won her first WTA doubles match last week. Has moved up to #166 on the doubles ranking and is the Aussie #5! :eek:

And 12 months ago she had never even played an ITF tournament! :eek: amazing really... :cheer:

#134 ·
Re: Steph Bengson Cheering Thread

^. It is really a great achievement in such a small space of time! :)

#140 ·
Re: Stephanie Bengson (in the Netherlands!!)

10k Breda, NED
R1
Stephanie Bengson (AUS) d. (Q)Aimee Gibson (GBR) 61 62 :)

Keep going Steph!
R2
Stephanie Bengson (AUS) v. (8)Angelique van der Meet (NED) :unsure:

Doesn't Angelique win loads of tournaments, except her ranking doesn't go any higher? :lol:

#151 ·
I dont mean to be rude but I do question this really. Stephanie did not do well in singles back home in the summer and so I dont get why she would try and qualify in somewhere where she will get flogged. I wish she she would focus on winning a 10 thousand instead and really try and build up from there. My opinion is that she should stay with Monique in the doubles as well

#154 ·
Its amazing shes so high in the ranks, and I don't even know why. (singles)

Shes around the 500-600 mark, and there are players in that mark that have won a few ITF titles/won some matches. Shes 16th in the Aussie and is just behind Karo Wlodarczak, and infront of Hadzic/Moore/Sanders.

#158 ·
600 is really not high a ranking :lol: It takes a couple of good tournaments (a QF in a $25K and some second rounders) and that's pretty much it. Steph has one QF at a $25K and a few 2nd round showings. Not great results, but enough to get a ranking of 600ish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.