Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

240K views 5K replies 106 participants last post by  James 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Time for a new volume!

#1,490 ·
Actually you guys might find it interesting to visit Petra's subforum, I got a couple of members there to shed some light on the situation. It isn't very active compared to SS, no shade, although more active than most so it shouldn't be too many pages back.

Basically there's a lot going on there, her manager is a Mafia type figure who picks her team and forces her to play the tournaments he owns despite the fact they often affect preparation for bigger tour events. The real atrocity was though, she has no has no hitting partner. It got so bad at one stage she had to hit with the PR LADY!!1111 during the US hard court swing last year. Yes, she practiced with the fucking PR lady. How they haven't supplied her with one IDK...

There definitely is the aspect that Petra is doing tennis for enjoyment as opposed to having trained every second to be at the top, so naturally she lacks that killer instinct others at the top have. But for a top player her management/team is a downright mess.

I still think she'll catch fire at a couple more Wimbledon's and realistically even if she played consistent mediocre tennis throughout she would probably beat all bar Serena she's that good on the surface.

If anyone is interested in paying it a visit I think the thread is the 'Petra team bashing thread' or something.

#1,491 ·
I always try to promise myself to read other players subforums but when I subscribe I only see subscribed threads instead of forums on my panel and I lose the will to search the other forums every time.. I only have GM and SS bookmarked on chrome. :eek:

#1,493 ·
If all that Asherahpova wrote is true..... :facepalm: I dare to say, even if I'm exagerating on purpose, things look like the Navratilova times.. :tape:

#1,499 ·
I need help with your TF e.stalking skills folks... Do you remember a thread in GM with a very big picture of a player serving (during a practice probably) wearing shorts and a top, but her face wasn't visible and someone asked who it was opening that thread? I remember seeing it some time ago (but I think it was an older post) can't find it anymore :help:

#1,503 ·
BRADENTON, Fla. - Manatee County deputies arrested Canadian professional tennis player Pierre-Ludovic Duclos-Lanier on Thursday night for attempting to have sex with a 13-year-old girl. He will make his first court appearance this afternoon.
Authorities say Duclos, who as of Friday morning was ranked as the 610 th best men's tennis player in the world, was talking with the girl on her cell phone.
Thursday a Manatee County detective assumed the identity of the girl by using her phone. Investigators say the 27-year-old Duclos, better known as Pierre-Ludovic Duclos, continued to solicit the girl to engage in sex and sent a lewd photo.
Duclos then agreed to pick the victim up at an agreed location and then return to his home to have sex with her. When Duclos showed up to meet the girl, detectives arrested him.
Authorities say during questioning Duclos made a full confession.
"Whenever you have a case like this involving someone who is a coach and is around young people, you investigate whether there could be other victims, and certainly we will here,” said Dave Bristow from the Manatee Co. Sheriff's Office.
Duclos is charged with Use of a Computer to Seduce/Solicit/Entice a Child to Commit Sex Acts, Travel to Seduce/Solicit/Entice a Child to Commit Sex Acts, Transmission of Material Harmful to Minors by Electronic Device or Equipment, and Attempted Lewd and Lascivious Battery.
Duclos is being held without bond at the Manatee County Jail.
On his webpage, Duclos says he’s taking a break from his pro career due to injuries and personal reasons.

#1,510 ·
I actually wouldn't have anything against that :lol: Miami is cursed for her, so while losing there she might as well take that ugly IW trophy (bring back the whale :sobbing:)

#1,516 ·
You don't understand, SHE'S BACK1!!!1!11!!!!11 :hearts: :lol:
I'm happy too but she needs more than this to scare the top, still it's not bad.
I think Sara proved how she deserves to be in the top 10, she'll have a tougher year than 2012 but she's a great fighter. :bounce:

#1,517 ·
Sara fought and competed very well. Proud of her performance today. She deserves her place in the top 10 right now. Petra had an amazing tournament, beating three top ten players in a row. It sort of reminds me of Maria's run to the Stuttgart title last year :hearts:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.