23K views 550 replies 46 participants last post by  Chrissie-fan 
#1 ·
Keeping with tradition
Cheering and Jeering for players other than Maria Sharapova
:cheer:

See less See more
#37 ·
:mad:
OMG not only Delpo losing the 1st, it's also suspended for rain. Great. I didn't sleep for so long and I still have to wait more. I'm almost sure I'm going to fall asleep before she plays. :facepalm:

#49 ·
Fringe was pretty mediocre until halfway through its second season. The first half of season three of pretty incredible. The second half of season four was pretty great. Season five :rolleyes: It was a very inconsistent show, but Walter and Liv have a place in my heart.

#50 ·
Fringe was pretty mediocre until halfway through its second season. The first half of season three of pretty incredible. The second half of season four was pretty great. Season five :rolleye: It was a very inconsistent show, but Walter and Liv have a place in my heart
Walter and Peter's relationship was probably the best father/son pairing I've seen on TV. And yeah, definitely inconsistent. We were lucky to even reach 5 seasons and get a proper ending

Let's all just talk about TV shows in here during Miami rain delays :lol:

#57 ·
The last season of Fringe wasn't exactly great, but at least they avoided a terrible end like Lost. I'll always keep the characters in my heart anyway :hearts: Walter is one of the best characters and John Noble is an outstanding actor :bowdown:

#61 ·
Completely forgot to check whether it's stopped raining in Miami, and now I see that Delpo is about to get straight setted and bageled :sobbing:

Sorry, Juan...you being burnt out is understandable. Rest up :hug:

#62 ·
I'm disappointed in seeing Delpo failing like this after such a good tournament in IW.. :-/
I was talking about him on another forum the other day, and stood up against someone who said he didn't deserve to be put on the same level as the top 5, and now he's down like that. >_<

#63 · (Edited)
Honestly, in my opinion, he is the number 5 whatever the rankings show considering he can really bring it against those ahead of him (unlike the rest of the top 10 bar maybe Berdych when he's on), but he can't be compared with the big 3/4. He just doesn't have that consistency, and this Miami loss just proves that point :shrug:

#65 ·
I would separate Delpo and Berdych since they actually can compete with the four. Ferrer is nothing but the male Wozniacki. Tsonga seems to have lost his edge. Consistency is Delpo's biggest obstacle, but I think we'll see him make the final in one of the next three or four majors.

#66 ·
Ferrer is nothing but the male Wozniacki.
There's some truth in that, but not entirely. Wozniacki goes into her matches against the best thinking that she can win, even when her chances are slim at best. Ferrer on the other hand is mentally a giant against those ranked below him, but a dwarf when he has to play one of the big four. Caro's record against the best players of her time is also a bit better than his as a result of that. Even so, Ferrer of anyone other than the big four is THE guy who really maximises his talent. Over achiever are the words that come to mind, but over achieving is more of a reason for praise than criticism in my book.

#69 ·
Ferrer is the guy who really uses 110% of his potential, and I respect him for that. But I can't like him, it's just stronger than me. He's just too boring... :eek:
And like you said, he's a mental giant with players worse than him as much as he's a mental midget against the top 4. But he has all the brain and mental strength that lacks in guys like Berdych or Tsonga. :lol:

#72 ·
I know, I just wasn't expecting Aga to potentially lose this early...it's a good match :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.